Thread: starting processes from netcat

starting processes from netcat

I have netcat running on my comp downstaris and when I try to execute WinXP apps (say notepad.exe) they get launched as background processes and not as foreground apps(on the remote computer). So when I launch notepad.exe, I can see it in the Task Manager processes tab but not as an app. In short, I can't use it because it is running in the background. Is there a way to run them normally? i've noticed that they will run normal if i add a /max or /min argument to them, but is there a way to execute it and have it just start normally? also, how do you start processes in the background like that regularly?

use the start command.
    e.g. c:\start cmd will popup a window
    Industry Kills Music.

net cat doesnt have an "interact with desktop" option like psexec does. use psexec

i believe whatever you 'start' will still be confined to the shell your using although running in a seperate memory space
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”