Thread: xp program incompatibility

xp program incompatibility

i have 3 comps in my house running windows xp home, two of them seem to have compatibility issues with certain programs, but the third doesnt. they all have the latest xp service packs. here are some examples of errors keep occuring:

on my computer i try to run an old vb prog and get an error that says: "cannot find vbrun.dll", then another error that says: "windows cannot run this because its a 16 bit program". but it works fine on my other comp... why is that

on my brother's comp, he tries to play an older game called "ultima IX" and sometimes it has a "c++ runtime error" message. this has never happened on either of the other two comps.

anybody know what could be causing these erros and why they dont happen on all of the systems. all of these progs used to run fine on windows Me before we upgraded to xp.

AO French Antique News Whore
    vbrun.dll is easy fix.. You need to download Visual Basic Run Time. You can find the RunTime for Version 6.0 of Visual Basic here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...D-CDF2D29A79D5

Cannot help for you for other problems, sorry!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

i actually have had that installed for a while, i think it was one of the windows updates. i installed it again and it still wont run that program.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Other version of Visual Basic RunTime

http://support.microsoft.com/default...SD=GN&LN=EN-US

If doesn't work, you can search google deep and download the file directly.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

XP doesn't run old stuff very well.............

Try updating your video card drivers...................

I would seriously suggest that you consider dual booting into Win98SE if you want to play old games.

Cheers