Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another one bites the dust..

another one bites the dust..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0418191331&e=2

GAZA CITY (AFP) - Hamas threatened a "volcano of revenge" against Israel as some 200,000 Palestinians packed the streets of Gaza for the funeral of the Islamic movement's assassinated leader Abdelaziz Rantissi.

His killing late Saturday prompted a chorus of international condemnation, except in the United States...

<yahoo bye the way also tryed to set an "Ave.A" tracking cookie>

myself i think they did what they had to do. hammas has taken "credit" for all the suicide bombings, including this past friday's and the saturday attack on a west bank settlement. not to mention various civilian targets like public transportation,(mind you im not saying the palistinians shouldn't be fighting for their homes back) so doesn't that make the leader of that group fair game?...and why isn't the EU condemming the bombings like they are the killing of a militant leader who can hardly be called a civilian or an innocent.

call me crazy, but when you go around blowing people up and then brag about it i think that pretty much makes you a fair target no matter which side is right or wrong. You got some nut job yelling "hey jew i killed your mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers!" then the world expects nothing should be done by the families. i dont get it. does blowing up a bus load of civilians do more to "facilitate a positive outcome of this process" than the killing a hate monger?

id like to know how other Americans feel.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The way I see it, the world has one less terrorist to deal with, which is definitely a good thing. If you take charge of a terrorist organisation and organise the murder of hundreds of innocent people then you should expect to become a target. I know our government has condemned the action, but then we are supposedly supporting Palestine whereas the US policy favours Israel.

I say send in the SAS and take out all the major leaders. Without someone to guide them, organisations like Hamas will quickly flounder.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I will try to take an impartial position.

Hamas is an organisation that is most certainly involved in a war, it is not a charity, it is not a welfare organisation? It is a group who are trying to bring about their political ends by violent means?

Given that, all members and officials are combatants and, therefore, legitimate targets for the "enemy". To be realistic, you cannot shoot at someone and not expect them to shoot back?....................well I would, but only because I used to teach sniping!

We have had bombings over here in the UK, I have seen IRA "mortuary cards" (a sort of In Memoriam) they all said "Killed on active service"...... no whingeing there....

I do not think that it really matters if you support Israel or the Palestinians?

The bottom line is that if Hamas cannot stand the heat they should get the hell out of the kitchen?

After all, they are hardly a bunch of schoolkids in a bus are they?

Just my thoughts

Tedob1

id like to know how other Americans feel.
    Does this mean that all non americans should abstain from answering in this thread ?

I feel you have to look beyond the act before you can condem or condon it. On the most basic level I feel that anyone who puts themselves in that position is fair game. Hamas accepts responsiablity for the bomb attacks it should also accept responsiability for the retaliation.
    The only thing that would bother me is the reason why he was got rid of now. IF the reason is revenge for the bomb attacks that would be one thing. It would be much better if it was to have some positive effect on the peace procces in the middle east.
    If the only reason he was assasinated was to keep things boiling then I would condem it.

To delight in war is a merit in the soldier, a dangerous quality in the captain, and a positive crime in the statesman. ------George santayana

cheers
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Originally posted here by MURACU
    Tedob1
    Does this mean that all non americans should abstain from answering in this thread ?
    If that's the case then it's a bit late since the first two replies have been from Brits.

BTW, how come your location is set to paris but your flag is that of Ireland?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Pwaring,

BTW, how come your location is set to paris but your flag is that of Ireland?
    That's easy I am Irish but living in Paris hence the Irish flag but the location Paris.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Stupid conflict

I would like to point out that this conflict at this moment has no ending.

I think everyone can see that. It's not about gouverment anymore it's about civilians
    if that is a correct way to put it.

Isreal or palastinia have little or nothing to say in the matter, they suicide bomb each other
    to death untill there are no suicide idiots left.

The world should stop looking for a peacefull soluction and take action. The U.S. didn't mind waging war on an entire country because someone was stupid enough to fly plains into building.

Yet they think that this should be solved peasfully, wich i think is bullshit. On the other hand my own homecountry should stop being pussy all the time as well. In here there seems to be a
    we need to help the poor jews kind of air.

The world or UN or NATO or EU should put an end to this. Nomore roadmaps nomore stup bullshit but hard action. Take out hamas and other it's likes.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Originally posted here by MURACU
    Tedob1

cheers
    no not at all but if you notice the flags of the posters every one but americans seem to have an opinion. not to far off from my own but yahoo seems to state that that everyone besides the americans are outraged at this killing.... and im not outraged. he danced to the music...

its my understanding that israel wants to weaken hammas before they withdraw from the west bank (like thats ever going to happen) and im far from an expert on this subject but i dont think the reason here is important. a member of a military organization was killed by the enemy...period. he ordered killing and he himself was killed. what in hell is all this hub-bub about? you shoot you kill you get shot you die. its a freggin war. it looks to me like the palistinians have been watching far too many john wayne WWII movies, he kills 732 of the enemy while carring a water cooled machine gun, then goes balistic when the guy along side him gets shot.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ted,

I think that there is probably a considerable difference between what politicians say and what the ordinary population feels.

I think that the ordinary people tend to take the view that there is a war going on, and combatants get killed in wars. In WWII the British sent the RAF to take out Rommel, so the concept is neither new nor Israeli.

As for taking sides, most of the people I talk to are pretty apathetic about the whole conflict, as they don't see how it could be any of their business. There is obviously a revulsion against bombing because it is indiscriminate, and they remember the IRA bombings in the UK. It is far easier to condone a surgical strike against a legitimate target than blowing up a supermarket or school bus?

On the other hand the politicians are really venting their frustration at their impotence. They are unable to influence either side or bring about a peaceful settlement, and that annoys them? As the vast majority of voters are either apathetic, or at best disinterested, the politicos know that they can posture as much as they like without it having any effect on their chances of re-election.......it is an opportunity to get publicity?

There is also a twinge of guilt perhaps, as the whole problem basically came about because the British promised the same land to two different groups? This was encouraged by the rest of Europe and supported by the USA, who felt guilty about the Holocaust?.............in 1947/8 the images of concentration camps liberated by the Allies were still very vivid in people's minds?

What saddens me is that I cannot see a solution being achieved in my lifetime. Both sides are far too entrenched, and neither has the moral high ground?

Cheers

How does murdering Abdelaziz Rantissi solve anything? It simply creates even more hostile Palestinians. Palestinians that may not have been so strongly militant previous to this assasination might be more than willing to strap a bomb to their body and cross the border.....It just creates more violence...