Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIM nuke/spammer?

AIM nuke/spammer?

A friend of mine started talking to this guy on aim that he met playing starcraft and after a minute or so, all these aim chat windows started popping up on his screen. apperently there were so many that they were "out of control" and he had to close aim with the task manager to make it stop. is this some kind of nuke or what? apparently the guy has him buddylisted and everytime he gets on, he floods him. the guy is also apparently able to exit his aim, or maybe it exits by itself because of the flooding?

AFAIK: AIM limits how much data can be sent to try to preven this type of thing.
    However, if the data is below the maximum amout allowed... they will go through.
    Not sure if there are bugs that the "attacker" is exploiting... I don't know much about it...

Have him use the report/warning button. He can also block this user. Add to buddy list, and right click over the name. Then block. However, if this person has many accounts, they can just get on another account and start again. You can block those too... but you'll have to block all that the user sends from.

AIM will let you choose who you want to receive messages from. Its in the preferences somewhere.
    Make sure he has all his buddies on there and choose to only accept messages from people on the buddy list or the list he creates. After the spammer/nuker sees that his messages aren't going through... he'll probably stop. After a while, set the options back to allow all or keep only certain buddys.

The down side to this is... anyone he wants to receive messages from will have to be added.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

ok, ill tell him that. he says the guy keeps talking about how hes a "sweet computer hacker" and saying somthing about "delphi"...

it looks like a bunch of connection requests and message flooding. all of them are from different accounts faze clone15, faze clone 63, etc. heres a screenshot:
    http://www.villagephotos.com/image.a...93&sessionkey=
    it sounds to me like his aim client exited because of the flooding, not because this guy is has any real control or anything.

Looks like one of those punter programs. You can follow what phish said-

Go to my aim >> edit options >> preferences >> edit preferences >> privacy (on the left side)

Then put the bullet next to "allow only users on my buddy list" under People who can contact you.

And if your wondering what Delphi is; its like a programming language -
    http://www.borland.com/delphi/

thanx

there's also a bunch of websites that will do crap like that. They ask you for a person's aim name, your aim and a msg...but you can put whatever you want for your aim name.

Have him keep an eye out if those msgs are coming from teh same source:

http://www.imchaos.com/

there's a bunch of AIM spies in there. Put one on his profile, and have him put himself away. When people want to msg him, his profile will come up with his away msg. Have him call the spy link something attractive "My new girfriend" or "Sexy vacation pics".

Cheers.

Don't expect those to be secure, though. Anyone can see your link spy list very easily, which is something you don't want a spammer to have.

after school today, i went over to my friend's house and had him cuss out the attacker so that i could see exactly what happens and he did something new: my friend said something like "you suck, my firewall blocked all ur spam l0053r", (it wasnt true but it provoked him enough to do it again) then he said "oh really?" and we got disconnected from aim. how did he do that?

Maybe you can answer your own question...

Run a network protocol analyzer (sniffer) while it is happening. (ethereal or the like).

Also, make sure that your friend has the latest version of AIM.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.