Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IP<<< Hide me the right way

IP<<< Hide me the right way

I have read many Proxy threads and it usually ends up with ppl saying "google" this "google"

that. Bah, plz I want your info not google. Im tryin to have my IP and ISP not be shown.

From www.stayinvisible.com. I chose one of there Proxy IP's from there list. Set it in Internet

options. Fine. Until I checked it with there "Test Your IP". Well guess what. Not only did it

show my proxy ip but it showed my real IP, Gateway, and ISP. Then below that it

said "wonder why we can still see your real ip, click here". So I did. Well the fork in the road

says you can disable java scripts, which reveal real IP's : Or : Set your browser with this free

firewall prog and proxy prog. (which btw casuses CPU spikes and lock ups, had to reformat

my HDD!!!!!). Anonimizer is slow and cost money so plz dont give me any links what so ever

to there web site. Thanx. All proxys are slow. Ive been to www.publicproxyservers.com and

they recomend Anonymizer. Stayinvisble.com almost had me to total anonymous surfing but

the free prog they recomend to set your browser is hog wash (along with there free proxy prog) . My last question is if i set my

proxy ip to port 8080, does my browser use 8080 by default. See ive tested my proxy ip and

it revealed my real IP and ISP. Thats no proxy. Ive tried alot. pros only. thanx

I have been to a site where some excop said that his proxy channels to australia and dead ends somewhere in europe. He claims he is untraceable. The site contains illegal material and he has said some things that only you could know. If he is telling the trusth than thats a multi proxy something i want it.

So , plz check out stayinvisible.com before you post and follow the steps i provided to see what im talking about. I just dont want a list of Proxy IP's. I want a list and browser setting configurations to go along with that. Lets clear all the newb prox threads up. The right way.
    A+ Certified

many proxys are transperant, at the top of that proxy list did it say anonymous?????

He claims he is untraceable.
    Bullshit.

That's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

untouchable: Yes, that was the one i was using

groovisous: Sorry, i meant spoof it and how can you just say no it cant&gt; I know your a senior member but you need to back your remarks up. I have totally hidden my ISP but forgot how.
    A+ Certified

Bah..senior member means nothing...and I don't need to do anything...but my belly is full so I will humor you...

Given enough time, resources, and inclination, anybody can be found.... some people can make it so difficult that it is not worth the time or resources. Given the nature of OS's theses days, IMHO it's nigh impossible to erase every bit and byte of information. Even the lack of information, given the proper context, speaks volumes.

The trend towards 'self-healing' systems means that information is stored in every nook and cranny, and in many cases is beyond the reach of "disk-wiping" software... (at least as far as XP home and professional goes)...

Doesn't matter if one of those online scanner things says you are untraceable and they can't see your IP... If you get caught doing something, or someone decides to social engineer a little bit, you're anonymity is screwed over. All it takes is one person from any 3 letter agency (or at least say they are from there) to make a quick phone call to the registered admin of that proxy that they recorded you on, and the person who runs the proxy would rather save his own ***, and will give your ip up like nothing. BABOOM there goes any anonymity you had, unless the person is in another country, or is dumb enough to not log stuff (which in case he would probably get sued by the company who's servers you screwed up)... And even if it is in another country, U.S. Gov't has quite the agreement with many countries gov'ts, so all it takes then is a call to their little agency, say hey can you check this guy out and get his logs for (insert date here) please?

I think you get the point that being COMPLETELY anonymous is nearly impossible, without IP Spoofing, which is nearly impossible, and can still be possibly traced.

Hi Propaganda,

I must admit that I do not quite understand your question. What exactly is it you want to be "anonymous" and why?

If you are going to use the internet "legally" (OK laws vary from country to country) you will need an IP address. You will also need an ISP address. Now, the ISP address is what is usually seen at the other end...................if you use AIM and that sort of stuff then forget this conversation entirely............even my patience is not limitless...........P2P stuff is NOT designed for discretion

You go from your ISP to a proxy ISP....to another............and another..............you have to leave a trail or it won't work? (even if you want to be the invisible man, computers don't, they like and need to know whom they are talking to) Your ISP will need your IP (which it gave you) to continue communication with you?

I would like to know why you want to be anonymous, as your actual business requirement might be satisfied by other approaches? If there are any "oppressive regime" considerations, then please feel free to send a private message via this site. Just be discreet in what you say.

One thing I will say, if "they" want you, "they" will get you.............they have the resources, the money, the expertise...........all you have to do is add the motive?

Be careful, there's a good chap

Propaganda

The following is a quote by Lance Cottrell. Know who he is? He developed the first anonymizer.

http://livinginternet.com/i/is_anon_limits.htm

Internet Anonymizers - Limitations

Summary: Anonymizers protect your identify, but have several limitations.

Anonymizers have the following limitations:

* HTTPS. Secure protocols like "https:" cannot be properly anonymized, since your browser needs to access the site directly to properly maintain the secure encryption.

* Plugins. If you access a site invokes a third-party plugin, then you can't be assured that these programs won't establish independent direct connections from your computer to a remote site. Widely used, standard programs can usually be trusted.

* Logs. All anonymizer sites claim that they don't keep a log of your requests. Some sites, such as the Anonymizer, keep a log of the addresses accessed, but don't keep a log of the connection between accessed addresses and users logged in.

* Java. Any Java applications that you access through an anonymizer will not be able to bypass the Java security wall and access your name, email address, or file system. Some services such as the Anonymizer state that Java security is not compromised "if you use the URL-based anonymizer", but that it might be "if you use the anonymizer as a regular proxy".

* Active X. Presumably safe, authorized Active X applications are certified with a certificate number. Active-X applications have almost unlimited access to your computer system. They can access and reveal your name and email address, and they can access your file system to perform file creations, reads, and deletions. Your protection with Active-X is traceability -- if a program maliciously causes damage to your system you can track the author down through the certificate registration system.

* JavaScript. Under most systems, the JavaScript scripting language should be secure, and not reveal data or perform destructive acts to your computer system. Some services such as the Anonymizer state that there may be a security problem "if you use the URL-based anonymizer, so the URL-based anonymizer disables all JavaScript", and that "If you use the anonymizer as a regular proxy, then JavaScript is safe and is left enabled."

Hope that helped some inaddition to what has already been provided.

cheerio

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    The reality is there is always a way to find out your source and where you are. It is often dependent on the resources of those that want to find out as to whether they will or not. Think about what the proxy must do to ensure total anonymity. It must ensure that all your protocols go through it and connect elsewhere (application proxy usually would be the more likely fit). Things like

• - browser connections (IE is the worst for this -- try using another browser)
      - applications like Instant Messaging
      - email cleaners (your IP will show in there so unless your SMTP is setup to deal with that as well)
      - spyware/trojans would enable options shown

Keep in mind there is a difference between spoofing and hiding. Spoofing means that the packets will go only one way (you won't see the packets back as they will go to the spoofed source and thus is often referred to as a blind attack). Hiding yourself behind a proxy doesn't equate to spoofing. It just means the other server acts on your behalf. Now, AFAIK, most application proxies require some type of client software installed for them to be truly effective.

My last question is if i set my proxy ip to port 8080, does my browser use 8080 by default. See ive tested my proxy ip and it revealed my real IP and ISP. Thats no proxy. Ive tried alot. pros only. thanx
    Last time I checked, you had to set the proxy settings in your browser to use the proxy, including the port number. If you don't the browser won't go through the proxy. (Maybe I'm misunderstanding you)

I have been to a site where some excop said that his proxy channels to australia and dead ends somewhere in europe. He claims he is untraceable. The site contains illegal material and he has said some things that only you could know. If he is telling the trusth than thats a multi proxy something i want it.
    I'd be curious to see this site although part of me would wonder how "legal" he is and what the potential is that he's just capturing info to be used to catch "attackers". I'd also be curious as to how he "dead ends" it unless there are multiple proxy sources (in and out if you will). I don't suppose you have a link handy ("to back your remarks up")

On a side note, I doubt anything anyone puts here will be to your satisfaction. Reading your post you sound like you are "daring" others and hardly seem open to discussion. So it makes me wonder what the purpose of this post is other than perhaps a troll? or perhaps I misunderstood your intent?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Why are you telling me things I already know. haha. I have diskcrypt anyways and whip everything beyond DoD requirements, I wrote a prog that lets me know when my registry is modified . Maybe you misunderstood me. People can be found anywhere any time, of course brother. So my car has an alarm, the club, and keyless entry.
    My neighbors car got broken into cause it only had an alarm? Did you really tell me something??
    A+ Certified