is it safe to use this proxy prog or not?

Given the bad propaganda it has been under would you still use it.

JAP........Yes...........NO

JAP is a product of a German university, still in development and testing and AFAIK the only server is hosted by the developers. A German court ordered them to log users to a certain address, which wasn't named. The JAP team did not announce this, but they did publish the source code and it was quickly found by an outside programmer inspecting the code. The main problem is that if it happens again, we can expect they will not announce it. While I do not trust any government, it seems that the German courts are quite a bit less corrupt than the US courts. As such, I wouldn't expect them to order logging of a grow site and they may not order it again in any case. Even so, at least our local pigs would have to get this info from a German court.

You could connect from your computer to the JAP server, then from that to another proxy. This would prevent anyone (e.g. Carnivore) from logging your session at your ISP, and it would obscure your final destination to the JAP chain. I just use JAP, assuming that even if possible for our pigs to weasel their way into getting data from JAP it would be far too much of a hassle for them to actually do.