Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronc Buster Indicted

Banned

Smile Bronc Buster Indicted

Greetings All:

Well, after all of these years of being a network fart in bowls of the internet, hacker Erik Ginorio, aka Bronc Buster, has been indicted in federal court.

Hopefully this will do away with him for a very very long time....

=-=-=-=-=

April 28 - The hero of the Oct. 1998 Chinese hacktivism defacements was arrested on an April 9, 2004 indictment on four Federal felonies of a far less noble nature. According to the indictments handed down by the Sacramento Federal prosecutors office, Erik "Bronc Buster" Ginorio, conspired with Christopher "tecdady" Burgess, who was an aggrieved ex-employee of a web design company, to break into its databases and damage them on June 26, 2003. Losses are estimated at $250,000.

The two could face up to five years in prison and $250K in fines if convicted of the conspiracy charges, followed by up to three years of supervised release; and up to ten years behind bars, $250 K in fines followed by three years of supervisory release on the intrusion charges.

=-=-=-=-=
    You may also remember Bronc Buster as the jackass that once convinced a wired news reporter that was desperately seeking to get in bed with him and Brian Martin (of attrition.org) to run the lame story that AntiOnline was paying hackers to break into websites. (Yes, that article is officially filed in the "wtf" registry of things that make you say "wtf").

On a personal note, I am glad to finally see the bad guys going down, and going down hard. I think it was best said by the Tonight Show's 93 year old fruit cake lady :

She was once asked, "Why do some people want to make trouble for everyone?"

Her reply, based on 93 years of wisdom?

"They're just born *******s. They'll live their lives as *******s. And they'll die as *******s. There's nothing you can do about it. Not one thing on earth. Nothing!"

I think she's right, and I think Erik is a perfect case in point!

Lol..

Goes to show you can run and bull-**** but you can't hide..
    I remember that whole attrition-antionline thing..
    To get some (overly biased) info for those that don't know.. search around AO
    and read the other side of the story.. http://www.attrition.org/negation/www/con.13.html

JP, do you have a link (source of your quote) for me ??

btw.. great to see you back JP when will your new site(s?) be up (again)..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I am pretty new here, so i just wanted to say hi, great post, and nice to meet you for the first time! Btw, can you give us some more info on these new websites of yours?
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Could you post the source for this? I have been unable to locate any news on this from google.

Thanks.

So this guy was with Brian Martin? Interesting.. the attrition dude that's sole purpose in life was to make AO look like utter bullshyt and all that. Nothing like jealousy I always say
    Space For Rent.. =]

Nothin but some harmnless Competition i would say, but then again those Attrition dudes are just nasty.
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..

Nothin but some harmnless Competition i would say, but then again those Attrition dudes are just nasty.
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..

Banned
    Originally posted here by The Duck
    I am pretty new here, so i just wanted to say hi, great post, and nice to meet you for the first time! Btw, can you give us some more info on these new websites of yours?
    It was up for a while for beta tests, then down for a few months. Now it's back up again for good:

http://www.YoursInCyberSpace.com/

Those of you that remember all of my old writings, and all of my posts on here, I always started them with "Greetings All" and always ended them with "Yours In CyberSpace, John Vranesevich".

So, when I was getting ready to come up with a new site, I thought, what a better domain name to use than Yours In CyberSpace? It's very "me", heh.

The site isn't security related, just a fun place to hang out online, and talk with others about a wide range of issues.

The "old gang" has been hanging out on irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com if anyone wants to drop in and say hi =)

Banned
    Originally posted here by The Duck
    It was up for a while for beta tests, then down for a few months. Now it's back up again for good:

http://www.YoursInCyberSpace.com/

Those of you that remember all of my old writings, and all of my posts on here, I always started them with "Greetings All" and always ended them with "Yours In CyberSpace, John Vranesevich".

So, when I was getting ready to come up with a new site, I thought, what a better domain name to use than Yours In CyberSpace? It's very "me", heh.

The site isn't security related, just a fun place to hang out online, and talk with others about a wide range of issues.

The "old gang" has been hanging out on irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com if anyone wants to drop in and say hi =)

Well... i don't know if this would fit in with this discussion.. but what the hell

I can remember a few years ago AO had two really cool features. First, a free e-mail service. I had an account, but never really used it. Second, it had a listing of attacks that were attempted against the server.

So, what happened to these services? are they only for "senier" members?

Sorry, but i've been offline since sept 2002 and just got back on in the middle of march 2004.

edit:
    You might notice that i've been a memeber since oct 2002... but i just said i was offline... It's due to library computers.
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?