Thread: RAR. ISO BIN file help plz

Banned

RAR. ISO BIN file help plz

Hi. Yes yes i know it's illegal, i want to download UT2004, now it's a 2.4 GB's RAR file. My friend doesnt have a DVD burner so i cant burn it onto a DVD CD. My question is how i can split the File to burn it onto 700 MB's cd's ? Also how can i split a ISO file and then combine it back together again? Also if i use IsoBuster and extract the ISO file onto his computer and then burn the folders seperatly onto 700MB's CD's and then copy them over to my computer and put them together again, the setup should work right ?

Tx in advance....

Not to condone piracy, but try VirtualDrive CD/DVD Emulator 7.11. Download the free trial at http://www.gold-software.com/download688.html . Or (as always) search "dvd emulator software" for more options.

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

span it over a couple of floppies using winzip or winrar

from the help files:

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

WinZip® makes it easy to create Zip files that “span” multiple disks. This is useful if the files you are working with will not fit on one disk.

To make a Zip file that spans multiple disks, simply create a Zip file on a removable disk, then add files to the Zip as you normally would. If the disk fills during Add operation, you will be prompted for another disk. Simply insert the next disk and click the OK button.
    Important: disk spanning is not available when adding files to an existing archive; it is only available while creating a new archive. Also note that you cannot add or remove files from a Zip file that spans disks. WinZip requires pre-formatted disks (you can format disks using My Computer or Windows Explorer).

Example:
    To zip the files in your c:\data folder to a Zip file called A:\DATA.ZIP:

1. Start WinZip.
    2. Drag and drop the c:\data folder from My Computer or Windows Explorer to the WinZip window.
    3. In the Add dialog box, type the filename of the Zip file (A:\DATA.ZIP).
    4. Click the Add button.

If more than one disk is needed, you will be prompted for additional disks.

Copyright © 1991-2000 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

pretty much the same thing fo w winrar with different terms:

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Volumes are parts of a split archive. Volumes are supported only by the RAR archive format, so you cannot create ZIP volumes. Generally volumes are used to store a large archive on several diskettes or other removable media.
    By default RAR volumes have names like 'volname.partNNN.rar', where NNN is the volume number. Using -vn switch it is possible to switch to another, extension based naming scheme, where the first volume file in a multi-volume set has the extension .rar, following volumes are numbered from .r00 to .r99.

Volumes may also be solid and self-extracting. The first self-extracting volume has a different (i.e. not .rar) file extension identifier, for example .exe for DOS SFX volumes.

It is impossible to add, update or delete files in created volumes.
    To unpack volumes you need to start extraction from the first volume. If volumes are stored on non-removable media like a hard disk, you need to put all volumes in the same folder before starting extraction.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    span it over a couple of floppies using winzip or winrar
    the file is 2 GIGS, i dont have that many floppies, would that work with CD's ?

tx for the help guys....

Two words Daemon tools (no not the nix ones) Its great for those games you need the cd in a drive. It installs a virtual drive that you can mount iso's, clone cd images, nero images.................. I have found it to be an outstanding program. (its freeware also) You may want to look into isobuster (not freeware i believe) I have been told it is a very good proggy for dealing with iso images and such.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=daemo...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    its for sure in the first or second result
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

AO French Antique News Whore
    Winrar is good for spreading bigfile in multiple file.. I use to download 100 filles of 10 MG each for one program 3-4 years ago.

Memory, it WILL WORK on CD. I'm sure at 100% or you can neg me!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by lumpyporridge
    Two words Daemon tools (no not the nix ones) Its great for those games you need the cd in a drive. It installs a virtual drive that you can mount iso's, clone cd images, nero images.................. I have found it to be an outstanding program. (its freeware also) You may want to look into isobuster (not freeware i believe) I have been told it is a very good proggy for dealing with iso images and such.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=daemo...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    its for sure in the first or second result
    Daemon tools is F-ing awesome!

What you might want to do is:

Rip the DVD to a .iso format to the hard drive. Since it is bigger than your normal 700mb CDs...
    Grab an old 4 gig HD (we all probably have at least a dozen of these laying around somewhere?...) and mount that drive in the PC. Copy the file over the .iso.

Mount the 4gig drive in your PC and copy it back to you main drive.

Use daemon tools to mount the .iso in a virtual DVDrom.

I have a bunch of ISO's on one of my drives that I do this with.

Sure beats tracking down the CDs when I want to play a game.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Grab an old 4 gig HD (we all probably have at least a dozen of these laying around somewhere?...) and mount that drive in the PC. Copy the file over the .iso.
    Not a bad idea....not bad my friend....tx all....