Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary internet files

Temporary internet files

Does anyone have a good program that will just erase temporary internet files, I have alot of them, not sure how it will benefit me from removing these permanently, but there are alot, and if I manually do it, it wont put a dent into it.

Right now, I right-clicked the temporary internet files, and check this out.

Size: Over 1 GB and it's still counting
    Size on Disk: Over 1 GB still counting.

Files: Over 50,000
    Folders: 24

How will it benefit if I removed these files?

get a copy of privacy-eraser (pro) and just check the box to delete the temp internet files...

you will benefit from it, so that other sites can not see your browserhistory anymore ( this mostly goes for cookies) and it will get more free room of your hdd.

personally i remove my temp. inet files about 2-3 times a week...

You can also check this out. It seems to work on everything I have tried on it on.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/291498.html

one of my old posts might interest you

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...768#post613859

and use it as a starting point to look into RAM disks if you have enough spare RAM - very useful for temp internet files
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

You can try Tracks Eraser pro
    http://www.acesoft.net/
    It works for me.
    Honesty
    Everyone wants to know it but nobody wants to hear it.

WTerbo3,

You might want to clean more than just the temp internet files. Here's a program I have been using for quite awhile now and it includes cleaning:

standard free space, file slack space, recent files list, recycle bin, Window's Temp folder, Internet browser cache, history reocrds, internet cookies, process plugins, Windows' swap file etc.

Clean Disk Security.

http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/clndisk.html

cheers

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Does anyone have a good program that will just erase temporary internet files, I have alot of them, not sure how it will benefit me from removing these permanently, but there are alot, and if I manually do it, it wont put a dent into it.

Right now, I right-clicked the temporary internet files, and check this out.

Size: Over 1 GB and it's still counting
    Size on Disk: Over 1 GB still counting.

Files: Over 50,000
    Folders: 24

How will it benefit if I removed these files?
    You dont need 3rd party software to do this. Simply open Internet Explorer click on tools, internet options, click on settings Here you can customize the amount of disk space to use lower it to 500mb. Then click OK. If you want to see where you been surfing click on view files hold CTRL then press a then press the delete button on the keyboard. By default it can be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Computernerd22\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Exactly what I was going to tell them computer nerd. You also don't need to view files, you just need to click "delete files" and click the check box(which deletes offline website ****) in the pop up displayed. After that click "Delete cookies" and "Delete history". It basically does the same thing computer nerd said, but this way is a little easier.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I was wondering were this thread was going or if I missed something.
    I delete my files manually, but there are sometimes some persistent files inside the Temporary Internet Folder. There can be more than one Temp Int Fold though(My Computer/C:/Documents and Settings...you should check All Users and Administrator). Also, you can go to Tools/Int Options/Advanced and scroll down to Security and "check mark" the box 'Empty Temp Int Fold when closing Browser'. I never understood why I would want to buy or download one of those cleaners.

I'm open to corrections....

edit: ...you should check "Default User" and Administrator.... "Default User" is a hidden file; in case you can't find it... (Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View ..show hidden files...)

the better to delete the files ... is tu use a tweak ... or the usualy controls SHIFT + DEL
    zsoldos