Thread: New Spyware???

Question New Spyware???

Has anyone heard of a spyware named --jao.jao.1\ ?? I just came across it today and man alive it sure can shut down a spyware stopper fast. (Been having a little fun with it on my home network) I cant seem to find much about it.

I aint heard o that but I have this thing that keeps setting my adaware off called msgked.exe
    I can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I do... and I have searched the forums and there is no matches... google thinks that I want to search for 'masked' help me!!

rhema, read here: http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/22472.html

Then do a search through the text for msgked.... you should find your solution. A little tip when searching for things like this, drop the extension.

Anyway, in case you are too impatient to read through the entire thread, boot in safe mode, and delete the offending file. Or, if you want to keep it for educational purposes, rename it to something like msgked.ded, then reboot.

Chances are that when you reboot, youare going to get an error message that something in the registry is looking for the file you just renamed. Take note of any unusual keys or file names, and search the registry for those names, and delete every key associated. Did I mention, please make sure to backup your registry previous to messing with it?

Has anyone heard of a spyware named --jao.jao.1\ ??
    It hurts me to say this, but I haven't really found any good info on this... a couple russian sites, and that's about it.

hello can anyone tell me how to remove spyware/adware from the pc

can anyone help how to remove spyware/adware from my pc (

Hello mutanx... read through the threads in this forum. Virtually every one of them have identical information. Start there. If you still have problems, come back and start your own thread.

Welcome to AO.