Thread: multiproxy & permission

multiproxy & permission

I just downloaded multiproxy and wanted to see what it was like. I was reading on their site and it said legally you are supposed to ask permission for using their servers. Do you need to ask them or is this kinda like the speed limit law. Thanks

If you ask for permission, and receive it, then you are completely legal. If you use their servers and do not ask for permission first, then you are not legal, and they could take legal action against you. I don't know or have any connection with the company, so I have no idea of what kind of a chance you would be taking by not having permission.
    If it is just asking for permission and not requiring any sort of payment, then why not apply for their permission?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

coVert

Quite awhile ago, I used Multiproxy, Proxy4all, Jap and a few others. I thought I'd be real invisible so no one could see me on the Internet. As I found out later, that's an Oxymoron for you. Hiding on the internet....lol. Obviously using a proxy or chaining proxies will somewhat conceal you while you are surfing etc., but once again we leave a trail through those proxies.

Anyway, when I asked permission to use the proxies they provided on the lists, the proxy slammed the port closed immediately. They weren't aware that someone had listed them as a possible proxy. Others wanted some pretty significant bucks and some didn't care one way or the other as long as I didn't use them for hopping or illegal activities.

However, cross the line and their logs will be available for viewing and they will leave you at the hanging tree.

cheers

altough it really shouldnt matter to me as i dont really need to hide my surfing habits, but for GP sake i dont like being profiled. if someone is going to profit from my info it should be me. now on the internet there is a chance some one may collect enough info from different web sites to create a profile. now if i use a proxy for sure someone has collected enough info on me to build a massive profile. you have to be really carefull in chosing a proxy wether your trying to avoid advertisers or the law.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks guys. I don't think it is anything that I would need but I just wanted to see for myself how they worked.

Re: multiproxy & permission

Originally posted here by coVert
    I just downloaded multiproxy and wanted to see what it was like. I was reading on their site and it said legally you are supposed to ask permission for using their servers. Do you need to ask them or is this kinda like the speed limit law. Thanks
    Multiproxys website lists innocent victims IP addresses and then you go and download their application so what do you expect to learn from this????? If you use any Proxy Server you will be using the resources of innocent victims who didnt know how to configure their proxy or the hackers installed the proxy on the victims computer.

trackit

Re: multiproxy & permission

Originally posted here by coVert
    Multiproxys website lists innocent victims IP addresses and then you go and download their application so what do you expect to learn from this????? If you use any Proxy Server you will be using the resources of innocent victims who didnt know how to configure their proxy or the hackers installed the proxy on the victims computer.

trackit