Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which firewall?

I ended up going with the cisco router due to the fact that I'm not completely *nix competent.
    I can do most things with *nix, but still do not a whole lot about administration. I have set up both IPCOP and Smoothwall before, and know that they are easy to use and setup, but feel that going with a router right now would be the best bet. The router does have SPI firewall, cisco IDS and many other features that will suit us well. Perhaps later in the future we we begin to network branch locations I will build a smoothwall or IPCOP firewall to run all the VPNS through.

Thanks for the help though guys I appreciate it.
    =

I ended up going with the cisco router due to the fact that I'm not completely *nix competent.
    I can do most things with *nix, but still do not a whole lot about administration. I have set up both IPCOP and Smoothwall before, and know that they are easy to use and setup, but feel that going with a router right now would be the best bet. The router does have SPI firewall, cisco IDS and many other features that will suit us well. Perhaps later in the future we we begin to network branch locations I will build a smoothwall or IPCOP firewall to run all the VPNS through.

Thanks for the help though guys I appreciate it.
    =