Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Password Cracking with Rainbow Tables

I would like to mention,

1. Great tutorial.
    2. Is this a new record? [strike]4[/strike] 5 green dots for 2 posts? Unbelieveable.

Again, great tut. Makes me wanna build buy a ton of disk drives. Or something.

BTW couldn't they have givin it a tougher name? I mean come on... rainnbow crack?

I vote it to be called sodacrack

I would like to mention,

1. Great tutorial.
    2. Is this a new record? [strike]4[/strike] 5 green dots for 2 posts? Unbelieveable.

Again, great tut. Makes me wanna build buy a ton of disk drives. Or something.

BTW couldn't they have givin it a tougher name? I mean come on... rainnbow crack?

I vote it to be called sodacrack

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Excellent information. It made me shiver. Looks like the days of secure passwords are comming to an end. Like mentioned above, all this is only as far as 'WE' know, what about the things we 'DONT' know? I will definately have a deeper look at this subject. Any ideas of how to keep passwords safer against that tool?

Great post 3rr0r. Hope to get alot more good stuff like this from you.

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Excellent information. It made me shiver. Looks like the days of secure passwords are comming to an end. Like mentioned above, all this is only as far as 'WE' know, what about the things we 'DONT' know? I will definately have a deeper look at this subject. Any ideas of how to keep passwords safer against that tool?

Great post 3rr0r. Hope to get alot more good stuff like this from you.

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

A group called Sarca ( http://sarcaprj.wayreth.eu.org/ ) generated tables capable of cracking complex passwords (1-15 characters, alpha-numeric plus some symbols). It took them 3 months to compile the 1.875 TB of tables, but password cracking still only takes "minutes", according to them.
    On their site they said it was 18 GB (30x640MB) instead of 1.875 TB
    That was all the bugfixing your tut needs I think.. great stuff dude.. !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

A group called Sarca ( http://sarcaprj.wayreth.eu.org/ ) generated tables capable of cracking complex passwords (1-15 characters, alpha-numeric plus some symbols). It took them 3 months to compile the 1.875 TB of tables, but password cracking still only takes "minutes", according to them.
    On their site they said it was 18 GB (30x640MB) instead of 1.875 TB
    That was all the bugfixing your tut needs I think.. great stuff dude.. !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

It was good i learned a little something from it thanks

Wow that is creepy and amazingly genious idea. If a semi powerful to hardcore supercomputer made their own table, and then used their processing power to crack passwords. Crap, time to add another digit or two to my password.

Great tut e330r. And thanks for showing me something new!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

I would like to thank you for the informative tutorial.

I am currently in the process of generating some of my own Rainbow Tables (I'm bored). I have been doing it for two days now, I have completed 4 and am almost finished with the fifth (<- last one). Personally, it takes ~4.5 hours per table on my computer; My computer is a 2GHz with 512MB RAM. Truly, the files aren't that large (122MB each). I will report to guys the results that I receive from my "test".

Computer Forensics
    Interesting...Rainbow tables.. Anyone know if it's just a spinoff on this?
    http://lasecpc13.epfl.ch/ntcrack/

the study was run about a year ago. The really interesting thing about this is that it isn't a new method, it's just a long forgotten one. People used to have giant lists of pre-hashed passwords to check against. It's just really nice now since computers are fast enough to process huge lists in no time at all now.

Nice info.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust