Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Global Warming...

It seems to me that some of you think that global warming and the issue with the ozone layer are the same thing...

They are infact 2 totally separate issues generaly unrelated. By that i mean both are possibly affected by humans.

Global warming is a build up of "greenhouse gasses" in the atmosphere locking in more heat like glass does and melting the icecaps resulting in higher seas.
    Affected by industry, volcanoes, algae colonies, etc

The ozone layer is also being damaged (by chemicals??) which allows more ultra violet rays through than normal, this is causing the increased skin cancer.

I personally believe that global waming is a natural thing which occurs every so often.
    Im not too sure about the issue with the ozone layer but im siding on the side that this IS humans fault..

DJ
    Drat...!

If you believe the claims made by global cooling/warming fanatics, then you trust liberal doomsayesr more than you trust a thermometer.

This link is for all of you chicken littles out there!

http://www.globalclimate.org/Newsweek.htm
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Tedob1
    just two little things i like to point out. You just sold Siberia to China when it should be Russian and the sahara dessert is the worst possiable example of natural Global climatic change possiable as it, the sahara desert, is the result of serious overgrazing by goat farmers for the pass couple of thousands of years. the desert is still expanding today for the same reasons.
    If the global warming predictions are accurate then most of the major cities in the world risk to be under water in the next 100-200 years. Also while a certain area of land may become usable because of the ice caps pulling back it will not nearly compensate the land lost due to both flooding around the coasts and drought along the equator.
    Then again if I remeber righly we are long over due for another ice age and the only thing holding it off is the global warming.
    Hre is another prediction made in the 1880's : If horse traffic continued to increase at the same rate it had for the fifty years before then by 1980 the world would be covered to a depth of six feet in horse sh*t.
    IMHO there is only one thing more stupid and dangerous than ignoring the question and that is trying to force a quick fix solution just to be seen to be doing something.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)