Thread: Searching......

Searching......

Dear Fellow AO members. I have only been here for a couple of weeks and I have learned allot...
    However I do have a problem that I would like to share.
    Every time I log into AO I find that there are one or two newbie security questions that are really good questions, but can easily be fixed with a little bit of research.
    This is not meat to piss anybody off but I’m just saying that if you have a question Piz don't post it until you have done a little research on the subject yourself. If you do this you will find that you will learn much more about your problem then just how to fix it...

Here is a site that may interest you if you wish to learn a little more about effective searching techniques.

http://searchenginewatch.com/facts/article.php/2156021

Searching......

Dear Fellow AO members. I have only been here for a couple of weeks and I have learned allot...
    However I do have a problem that I would like to share.
    Every time I log into AO I find that there are one or two newbie security questions that are really good questions, but can easily be fixed with a little bit of research.
    This is not meat to piss anybody off but I’m just saying that if you have a question Piz don't post it until you have done a little research on the subject yourself. If you do this you will find that you will learn much more about your problem then just how to fix it...

Here is a site that may interest you if you wish to learn a little more about effective searching techniques.

http://searchenginewatch.com/facts/article.php/2156021

Banned
    and why is this a Secuirty Question ?

anf id all the newbies knew how to use google, we wouldnt need AO

Banned
    and why is this a Secuirty Question ?

anf id all the newbies knew how to use google, we wouldnt need AO

If I may point out....GOOGLE is your friend, and according to souleman the answer to all questions asked on AO.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

If I may point out....GOOGLE is your friend, and according to souleman the answer to all questions asked on AO.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Not this debate agian...

This is just another way of saying that the content of this site is not up to par. You've probably seen threads with children asking about trojans & other things LOL (for school projects). In this situation I'd say yes... just rant and direct these peaple to some place else because they are not welcomed very well and never have anything to offer us. There is no need to entertain these children... and in that particlar thread I just flamed him yet at the same time gave the kid exactly what he wanted so that he would become bored then leave... then somehow many posts later this once agian drifts into "I cuss to much and never help boo hoo". Anyways to the point...

Dumb kids, flame and maybe post up what they want... they'll either get a clue or get exactly what they came for then leave. The longer they hang around the more peaple will walk away from "those types", walking away from this site in the process.

The clueless end user with a few tech-support related threads however... now here we are getting to something. These should be handeled with care. On one side we don't want to appear as if all we have to offer is a few good links to other sites, but at the same time we don't want them to be scared off or feel as if they need to present themselves as being "smarter" than what they really are and in the end makeing themselves look worse. I'd say we just need to post what we want... peaple enjoy the colorfull nature of our board & the deversity of us all. I don't think that useing google as a single answer for every question in this particlar situation would keep things going that way.

Though some threads are common, these are the kinda peaple we wouldn't mind keeping around as they have a more real, pure, and refined interest in computers rather than the average kid whos interest lay around stuff that has no real involvement in computers crap like: (Yo, OMFG im going to be big like mitnick!)

Come on...

Not this debate agian...

This is just another way of saying that the content of this site is not up to par. You've probably seen threads with children asking about trojans & other things LOL (for school projects). In this situation I'd say yes... just rant and direct these peaple to some place else because they are not welcomed very well and never have anything to offer us. There is no need to entertain these children... and in that particlar thread I just flamed him yet at the same time gave the kid exactly what he wanted so that he would become bored then leave... then somehow many posts later this once agian drifts into "I cuss to much and never help boo hoo". Anyways to the point...

Dumb kids, flame and maybe post up what they want... they'll either get a clue or get exactly what they came for then leave. The longer they hang around the more peaple will walk away from "those types", walking away from this site in the process.

The clueless end user with a few tech-support related threads however... now here we are getting to something. These should be handeled with care. On one side we don't want to appear as if all we have to offer is a few good links to other sites, but at the same time we don't want them to be scared off or feel as if they need to present themselves as being "smarter" than what they really are and in the end makeing themselves look worse. I'd say we just need to post what we want... peaple enjoy the colorfull nature of our board & the deversity of us all. I don't think that useing google as a single answer for every question in this particlar situation would keep things going that way.

Though some threads are common, these are the kinda peaple we wouldn't mind keeping around as they have a more real, pure, and refined interest in computers rather than the average kid whos interest lay around stuff that has no real involvement in computers crap like: (Yo, OMFG im going to be big like mitnick!)

Come on...