Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anonymous proxies

anonymous proxies

i heard there are anonymous proxy services that you can pay for that wont betray your identity as part of their "terms of service" or whatever(kind of like how a psychiatrist isnt allowed to tell people's secrets)? this way, even if they keep logs, they cant legally reveal them to anybody. is this true? it sounds true...

anonymous proxies

i heard there are anonymous proxy services that you can pay for that wont betray your identity as part of their "terms of service" or whatever(kind of like how a psychiatrist isnt allowed to tell people's secrets)? this way, even if they keep logs, they cant legally reveal them to anybody. is this true? it sounds true...

NO

Oh ok, that is not the answer you want since you have basically asked the same question 3 times now.
    So YES it will completely protect your identity from everybody. No one will ever be able to trace you, or find out who you are. Government agencies and police agencies will throw up their hands in discust and look for someone else. You will be invisible to all.
    There, you have the answer you want and it don't matter what you have been told in the past. But, just why do you have to have some one tell you that, since you have already made up your mind?

OOOPPPPSSS.....sorry, I mixed you up with some one else..../me bad. Please disreguard the comments above. The simple answer is no, there is no safety in protecting you ID on the internet. (where is that strike out command?)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

NO

Oh ok, that is not the answer you want since you have basically asked the same question 3 times now.
    So YES it will completely protect your identity from everybody. No one will ever be able to trace you, or find out who you are. Government agencies and police agencies will throw up their hands in discust and look for someone else. You will be invisible to all.
    There, you have the answer you want and it don't matter what you have been told in the past. But, just why do you have to have some one tell you that, since you have already made up your mind?

OOOPPPPSSS.....sorry, I mixed you up with some one else..../me bad. Please disreguard the comments above. The simple answer is no, there is no safety in protecting you ID on the internet. (where is that strike out command?)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

If someone wants something they will get it.

Don't think that a Terms of Service is gonna stop someone from tracking down a IP
    =

If someone wants something they will get it.

Don't think that a Terms of Service is gonna stop someone from tracking down a IP
    =

Why are you so worried about hiding your IP?

If you're afraid you're gonna get hacked.. download all the updates and security patches for your OS, clear your system of spyware/malware, and get a personal firewall. Then you'll be at least a little safer.

Other than that, I can't really see a point to hiding behind a proxy. Unless you've been doing something less-than-legal................................................................

mjk

Why are you so worried about hiding your IP?

If you're afraid you're gonna get hacked.. download all the updates and security patches for your OS, clear your system of spyware/malware, and get a personal firewall. Then you'll be at least a little safer.

Other than that, I can't really see a point to hiding behind a proxy. Unless you've been doing something less-than-legal................................................................

mjk

Hi phonedog~

Here is a little analogy that I sometimes use:

A proxy is like a traffic cop, sure he gives you a bit of security because he is a cop, but he sure as hell isn't a Federal Agent! his job is managing traffic.

The "protection" is unidirectional, it only goes one way and it certainly can be traced back. Like if I connected to you through a proxy, all you would see would be the proxy, but the proxy would know my ISP, and my ISP would know me.

AFAIK, there is no country in the world that legally sanctions or protects anonymity? If I am wrong, please let me know.

Yes, there are professional "trusts" like with lawyers, doctors, priests but as soon as you get into commerce (bankers, accountants etc. ) the information can be obtained with subpoena? So can ISP records, unless they do not keep them..........and if they did not, I doubt if they would get a licence?

Just a thought

Hi phonedog~

Here is a little analogy that I sometimes use:

A proxy is like a traffic cop, sure he gives you a bit of security because he is a cop, but he sure as hell isn't a Federal Agent! his job is managing traffic.

The "protection" is unidirectional, it only goes one way and it certainly can be traced back. Like if I connected to you through a proxy, all you would see would be the proxy, but the proxy would know my ISP, and my ISP would know me.

AFAIK, there is no country in the world that legally sanctions or protects anonymity? If I am wrong, please let me know.

Yes, there are professional "trusts" like with lawyers, doctors, priests but as soon as you get into commerce (bankers, accountants etc. ) the information can be obtained with subpoena? So can ISP records, unless they do not keep them..........and if they did not, I doubt if they would get a licence?

Just a thought