Thread: NT authority/ system

Question NT authority/ system

at random times my xp system will give me a pop up window that tells me that the NT authority/ system is going to automaticly reboot. And then it restarts the computer. Why does this do that and what can i do to stop it from doing that?

Question NT authority/ system

at random times my xp system will give me a pop up window that tells me that the NT authority/ system is going to automaticly reboot. And then it restarts the computer. Why does this do that and what can i do to stop it from doing that?

The fact that your system keeps restarting is a symptom of the Sasser worm making the rounds. You can find information on it HERE .

Have you applied the latest Microsoft patches? Are you running a firewall? If the answer is no to these questions, my guess is your infected with Sasser. Read the information in the link, it will tell you what to look for and how to clean up the mess.

Cheers:
    DjM

The fact that your system keeps restarting is a symptom of the Sasser worm making the rounds. You can find information on it HERE .

Have you applied the latest Microsoft patches? Are you running a firewall? If the answer is no to these questions, my guess is your infected with Sasser. Read the information in the link, it will tell you what to look for and how to clean up the mess.

Cheers:
    DjM