Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Diablo2 + 4 PC = Possible ?

1 Diablo2 + 4 PC = Possible ?

Goodday!

I have a small lan at home! ( 3PC + 1 Laptop )

Inviting some friends over this weekend so i decided to install some Lan game to entertain them!

They ask for "Diablo 2" so i am going to buy it later , but some of them told me that if i want to install it on all the 4 PC, i have to but all 4 sets of "Diablo 2".

Is that true?

i Dont really wish to buy that 4 sets of Diablo 2, cause i am really tight on budget?

Hmm.. Is there any other alternative to solve this Diablo2 Problem!

Thankyou.
    Will to Learn
    javascript:myimagepopup(300,400,\'\')

1 Diablo2 + 4 PC = Possible ?

Goodday!

I have a small lan at home! ( 3PC + 1 Laptop )

Inviting some friends over this weekend so i decided to install some Lan game to entertain them!

They ask for "Diablo 2" so i am going to buy it later , but some of them told me that if i want to install it on all the 4 PC, i have to but all 4 sets of "Diablo 2".

Is that true?

i Dont really wish to buy that 4 sets of Diablo 2, cause i am really tight on budget?

Hmm.. Is there any other alternative to solve this Diablo2 Problem!

Thankyou.
    Will to Learn

Generally, licenses are given for one install on one computer (for gaming purposes) so legally, I would have to say no. I don't know if Diablo has a method to check and see if the other copies are using the same key or not though.

Is Diablo 2 multi-player? If it is, it might not work.

Generally, licenses are given for one install on one computer (for gaming purposes) so legally, I would have to say no. I don't know if Diablo has a method to check and see if the other copies are using the same key or not though.

Originally posted here by groovicus

Look like have to buy 4 sets of Diablo Than!

Thanks!
    Will to Learn

Look like have to buy 4 sets of Diablo Than!

Thanks!
    Will to Learn

Pfffft, damn... of course its multi-player.

Anyways... yes there is various authentication when playing (online), everything is mainly done through CD-keys. Lets say if one guy has just installed a copy, well you'll find that often this person will not be able to play online due to some other guy or maybe five or six other peaple attempting to log on at the same time with the same registrations & criterias. Similiar things may apply to LAN. But if your just bringing peaple over I don't see why you couldn't talk one or two of these guys into bringing in their disks.

Pfffft, damn... of course its multi-player.

Anyways... yes there is various authentication when playing (online), everything is mainly done through CD-keys. Lets say if one guy has just installed a copy, well you'll find that often this person will not be able to play online due to some other guy or maybe five or six other peaple attempting to log on at the same time with the same registrations & criterias. Similiar things may apply to LAN. But if your just bringing peaple over I don't see why you couldn't talk one or two of these guys into bringing in their disks.

so are you saying if i got a original disk and cd-key and someone else is using it as a copy...then i cant play mine?
    I play D2 myself and there is a utility which lets u play more D2 windows on one computer just if ur interested...it would require 1 cd but more cd-keys...check it out at http://www.diablorealm.net

so are you saying if i got a original disk and cd-key and someone else is using it as a copy...then i cant play mine?
    I play D2 myself and there is a utility which lets u play more D2 windows on one computer just if ur interested...it would require 1 cd but more cd-keys...check it out at http://www.diablorealm.net