Thread: FTP access in Red Hat Enterprise

FTP access in Red Hat Enterprise

I currently have a Red Hat enterprise 3.0 server that I am renting.

Now what I am doing is renting a slot out to a person for a gameserver so I created a user as server1 and then created a password.

That then gave him a default directory of /home/server1 when he ssh's in. However when he FTP's in it puts in in the root directory with all the differnt folders, /etc /var /usr etc now he cant' access any of them , but I need him to be put into into /home/server1 when he ftp's in.

I did a google search and tried a couple different things from what I found but still have the same problem
    =

FTP access in Red Hat Enterprise

I currently have a Red Hat enterprise 3.0 server that I am renting.

Now what I am doing is renting a slot out to a person for a gameserver so I created a user as server1 and then created a password.

That then gave him a default directory of /home/server1 when he ssh's in. However when he FTP's in it puts in in the root directory with all the differnt folders, /etc /var /usr etc now he cant' access any of them , but I need him to be put into into /home/server1 when he ftp's in.

I did a google search and tried a couple different things from what I found but still have the same problem
    =

chroot is what you are needing , man chroot probably will help.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

chroot is what you are needing , man chroot probably will help.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Add chroot_local_user=yes to your /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

Add chroot_local_user=yes to your /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf