Thread: The Doctor Will Freeze You Now

Banned

The Doctor Will Freeze You Now

Benjamin Franklin wrote these words in 1773. And what if the old guy was onto something? What if life had a Skip button, like the one on your TiVo? Then you could go offline until next year, when your medication will be approved, or next decade, when your bonds will have matured, or even next century, when life is scheduled (finally!) to become perfect.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...w=wn_tophead_8

Banned

The Doctor Will Freeze You Now

Benjamin Franklin wrote these words in 1773. And what if the old guy was onto something? What if life had a Skip button, like the one on your TiVo? Then you could go offline until next year, when your medication will be approved, or next decade, when your bonds will have matured, or even next century, when life is scheduled (finally!) to become perfect.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...w=wn_tophead_8

COOL .....Now I will know what to suggest to the Dr. in about 3-4 years, if I ever go into major surgary. Of course, my luck, my insurance won't pay for it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

COOL .....Now I will know what to suggest to the Dr. in about 3-4 years, if I ever go into major surgary. Of course, my luck, my insurance won't pay for it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I some times wonder how much further along we would be
    in bioscience if our efforts had not been so focused (because of
    WWII) on nuclear physics, and bombs.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Good Day All,

Guess we would be frozen up for a long time. A personal opinion I have held onto for as long as I can remember is that there is no money in cures for diseases, so we shouldn't expect them. Just imagine the rows and rows of medicines that would no longer be required if they released the cures. And those that were employed by the companies that manufactured those over-the-counter medicines would be out of jobs as well. I can't even begin to imagine how much money those companies would loose.

You just can't convince me, that after all of these years we couldn't have found the cures for those illnesses that plague us the most. Might make a good soap opera or a movie about the greatest scandal ever!

cheers