Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here We Go Again. POPUPS

pop-ups you say???? huh???? shouldnt we be reading about them in text books right about now...esp since the all new rc1(or 2 i havent tried either yet) of xp is out?(also that is if u run windows xp, i do appologise if i offended you with this post since i am a win xp fan) from what i hear, its supposedly has a "pop-up"(so old skool) blocker built-into the IE browser. again, i mus stress "hear-say" i havent tried it but i have heard OF it. hope this helps(if not, may the god of security issues have mercy on your PC!!!)
    stuff....junk...+ 1(posts)

Originally posted here by waytallgel
    Aye, Firefox is good stuff. I burned it to a cd and pretty much put it on anyone's machine who is having pop up problems. Most clients I put it on don't even see much of a difference between it and IE as far as functionality goes. Welll, except they say it's fast and they haven't had any pop ups, adware, or browser hijacking. Sorry if I sound like and advertisement for Mozilla Firefox but I haven't had any problems with it yet... Here's the link.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Greg

P.S. This is just in reply to the last post to this thread, I've been lurking long enough to know that mark could get rid of those popups and ads if he wanted.
    I am going to have to agree with you 100% on this one. I have been using Firebird/FireFox since the 0.3 build, and will NEVER go back to IE. It's just awesome, Tabbed browsing, Auto-popup blocker, really nice download manager built right in, easy skinning from a TRUSTED source (mozilla.org), and the list just goes on and on...

-hugs his epiphany browser-

Ha! just use popup Blocker! hang on, and i'll see what i can do...
    9 AM post--I\'m up too early!

Ive been seeing those ad's for about 2 or 3 weeks now when I use public computers. At first they do look surprisingly like a dos window, but then you realise that dos doesnt do cool scrolling text that you can actually read...

I think that the inexperienced user would click on them becuase they look like a system thing and also they contain the names of many virii that have been in the news recently, so that might mislead users to

i2c

Which site did you find these misleading ads? , a firm yet nasty complaint is definetely due to the editors as they are quite scummy.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I can't honestly remember, but next time im at the public computer i'll dive into my history and have a look,

but its some big site something to do with news or science and technology...nice and vague there arent I!

i2c

Found!

http://www2.enigmasoftwaregroup.com/TMP/external.htm

it appeared when i was on a geocities website, I think.... I could be wrong however

i2c