Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Help Me With My Poor PC - urgent

Someone Help Me With My Poor PC - urgent

My PC caught some virus or adware, my IE default site is being changed to passthison.com, there is this 'ftp' running in background downloading pup.exe, over.exe, o.exe n a.exe, to my windows, program files and desktop. My antivirus gives the name : PWS:Win32/Briss but it keeps coming back after i clean it.
    Can anyone plz help me - give me some info on it and such....thx

(O/S : WinME, w/ IE5, using RAV antivirus)

Someone Help Me With My Poor PC - urgent

My PC caught some virus or adware, my IE default site is being changed to passthison.com, there is this 'ftp' running in background downloading pup.exe, over.exe, o.exe n a.exe, to my windows, program files and desktop. My antivirus gives the name : PWS:Win32/Briss but it keeps coming back after i clean it.
    Can anyone plz help me - give me some info on it and such....thx

(O/S : WinME, w/ IE5, using RAV antivirus)

Good Day Mate,

Your problem is becoming all to common these days. Seems like everyone is getting it. Anyway, download and run CWShreader, Adaware, SpyBot S & D, Hijack this, and make sure your AV is up to date. When you run those programs, do it in safe mode, as there are some malware types out there that try to block these programs.

Before you run Hijack this, search this site for the tutorial written by Soda_popinsky concerning Hijack this. It has great instructions on what to do and what to not do.

They can be found by using www.google.com

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers.

edit: Thanks for the correction on the spelling S_P.

Good Day Mate,

Your problem is becoming all to common these days. Seems like everyone is getting it. Anyway, download and run CWShreader, Adaware, SpyBot S & D, Hijack this, and make sure your AV is up to date. When you run those programs, do it in safe mode, as there are some malware types out there that try to block these programs.

Before you run Hijack this, search this site for the tutorial written by Soda_popinsky concerning Hijack this. It has great instructions on what to do and what to not do.

They can be found by using www.google.com

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers.

edit: Thanks for the correction on the spelling S_P.

Spybot S&D should fix all your problems. Even better if you add Lavasoft Adaware, Spyware Guard, and Spyware Blaster. Try it and let me know how it works.

/edit -- Heh heh, me and Relyt responded at the exact same time, looks you get double the advice!

Spybot S&D should fix all your problems. Even better if you add Lavasoft Adaware, Spyware Guard, and Spyware Blaster. Try it and let me know how it works.

/edit -- Heh heh, me and Relyt responded at the exact same time, looks you get double the advice!

I'd also go into the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if any of the files detected by your AV are being run on start up.

You should also go to the Windows Update site and update your IE from 5 to 6 and do the other critical updates.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

I'd also go into the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if any of the files detected by your AV are being run on start up.

You should also go to the Windows Update site and update your IE from 5 to 6 and do the other critical updates.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Run your antivirus in safe mode, make sure it is updated! Also use housecall.trendmicro.com to double check.

Its called hijack this, not hyjack this BTW.

So far I still haven't seen ad aware or spybot fix a hijack. Still run it of course.

Run your antivirus in safe mode, make sure it is updated! Also use housecall.trendmicro.com to double check.

Its called hijack this, not hyjack this BTW.

So far I still haven't seen ad aware or spybot fix a hijack. Still run it of course.