Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't update!

Can't update!

All of the sudden when I go to the windows update site I can't retrieve the updates. It says that their using new software to do the updates with and that I need to install it. The problem is, every time I hit the update now tab to install the new software it just pauses for a second and leaves me at the same page... everything unchanged. This is preventing me from getting alot of critical updates. What should I do, and is anyone else having these types of problems?

I attached a screenshot of what the page looks like:

Can't update!

All of the sudden when I go to the windows update site I can't retrieve the updates. It says that their using new software to do the updates with and that I need to install it. The problem is, every time I hit the update now tab to install the new software it just pauses for a second and leaves me at the same page... everything unchanged. This is preventing me from getting alot of critical updates. What should I do, and is anyone else having these types of problems?

I attached a screenshot of what the page looks like:

Use the update CD that can be ordered, for free, from MS. I believe that is has the newest version of Windows Updater on it too...

BTW What version of Windows are you running? 98, NT, XP, 3.11?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Use the update CD that can be ordered, for free, from MS. I believe that is has the newest version of Windows Updater on it too...

BTW What version of Windows are you running? 98, NT, XP, 3.11?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

I can download, but I can't install (mentioned this in some other threads too). I get the error "cannot connect to metabase".

I can download, but I can't install (mentioned this in some other threads too). I get the error "cannot connect to metabase".

I'm in XP. Can you give me a link to get that free update cd so I can send off for it?

Thanks.

~.bat-man

I'm in XP. Can you give me a link to get that free update cd so I can send off for it?

Thanks.

~.bat-man

Just a thought but it could well be a ActiveX or Javascript problem. It might be worth trying to put the microsoft update site in you Trusted sites list in the Security options of IE and just making sure the page is allowed to run any JS or ActiveX it needs to. If it works its prob a good idea to delete it from your trusted sites list afterwards just to be on the safe side.
    Anyway hope this is of some help.

Just a thought but it could well be a ActiveX or Javascript problem. It might be worth trying to put the microsoft update site in you Trusted sites list in the Security options of IE and just making sure the page is allowed to run any JS or ActiveX it needs to. If it works its prob a good idea to delete it from your trusted sites list afterwards just to be on the safe side.
    Anyway hope this is of some help.