Thread: Downloads removed? (non-AO)

Downloads removed? (non-AO)

In this profile -> http://www.antionline.com/member.php...&userid=178035
    you can see a download (quite amusing) in the most downloaded section of the user's profile

now according to their last 20 posts they have only made 1 post which does not include this download

so either downloads form PM's are still showing (tho thought that was fixed) o when a post is deleted any atachments can still be acessed.

Only prob I can see if this is the case is that if someone has a post deleted for attaching something that breaks the TOS it can still be accessed

v_Ln

Downloads removed? (non-AO)

In this profile -> http://www.antionline.com/member.php...&userid=178035
    you can see a download (quite amusing) in the most downloaded section of the user's profile

now according to their last 20 posts they have only made 1 post which does not include this download

so either downloads form PM's are still showing (tho thought that was fixed) o when a post is deleted any atachments can still be acessed.

Only prob I can see if this is the case is that if someone has a post deleted for attaching something that breaks the TOS it can still be accessed

v_Ln

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    The post that the "download" relates to is in the Thread Graveyard.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    The post that the "download" relates to is in the Thread Graveyard.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

thats what i mean MsM - you can still access the attachments even if the post they were attached to is deleted.

So what if someone uploaded an attachment which went against the TOS? Ok you delete the post to get rid of attachment but it is still linked in their profile

if you see what i mean?

v_Ln

thats what i mean MsM - you can still access the attachments even if the post they were attached to is deleted.

So what if someone uploaded an attachment which went against the TOS? Ok you delete the post to get rid of attachment but it is still linked in their profile

if you see what i mean?

v_Ln

Banned
    Valhallen > posts in the Thread Graveyard aren't actually deleted. They're just moved to an invisible forum.

I'm not sure what happens to attachments in posts that are actually deleted, so I'll have to check that out

Edit: looks like attachments don't get deleted when a thread is... might be something to look into!

Banned
    Valhallen > posts in the Thread Graveyard aren't actually deleted. They're just moved to an invisible forum.

I'm not sure what happens to attachments in posts that are actually deleted, so I'll have to check that out

Edit: looks like attachments don't get deleted when a thread is... might be something to look into!

The current behavior, when a post is deleted, is for its attached file to be removed but for the attachment's info not to be removed. This is why attachment's from deleted posts will still be listed in a user's profile.

Default behavior for vB is to remove the attachment info but to leave the file on the server. Is there a valid reason for us to deviate from that? I suspect this change must have been made due to a request from a user (since it's not standard vB behavior) but a quick search through this forum and the site suggestions forum didn't turn up an explanation.

Update: I was wrong about this. It looks in the code as if the attachment info isn't removed, but in fact, it is. It'd be helpful to see an example of an attachment that exists after its post has been deleted.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.