Thread: Windows Xp Pro Upgrade

Windows Xp Pro Upgrade

I have a question about my Windows Xp Professional Upgrade disc. I own a legit copy that I purchased through TigerDirect and I originally had it installed on my laptop. My laptop met its maker but it was under warranty so I was able to trade it in for another laptop. Am I able to install my Xp Professional on the new laptop or is the disc void because it was previously registered with my other laptop?
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Windows Xp Pro Upgrade

I have a question about my Windows Xp Professional Upgrade disc. I own a legit copy that I purchased through TigerDirect and I originally had it installed on my laptop. My laptop met its maker but it was under warranty so I was able to trade it in for another laptop. Am I able to install my Xp Professional on the new laptop or is the disc void because it was previously registered with my other laptop?
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

from my expiriance you should be able to use it again..... if the key does not work call one of the numbers that came with the cd and see about getting another key.... explain your problem and if there feeling nice they may give you one.....

from my expiriance you should be able to use it again..... if the key does not work call one of the numbers that came with the cd and see about getting another key.... explain your problem and if there feeling nice they may give you one.....

As long as it has been more than 120 days since the last time you registered, then it should register no problem.

There is a thread about activating XP that gives a couple links to sites that explain it...lemme see if I can find it.... ok I can't, but if you are curious, search for "windows xp activation".

As long as it has been more than 120 days since the last time you registered, then it should register no problem.

There is a thread about activating XP that gives a couple links to sites that explain it...lemme see if I can find it.... ok I can't, but if you are curious, search for "windows xp activation".

If it won't allow you to activate it via the web (licenses expired or whatever), then activate via phone. When you get a rep. Tell them that your laptop died and it was replaced and you want to reinstall your upgrade.

They will give you an activation code. You just have to read them a huge string of numbers and answer some questions. Since it is the same laptop... (in a sense) just completely new hardware... there should be no problem.

They just have to ask a couple of questions and record them as to why the key/activation was used more than once.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

If it won't allow you to activate it via the web (licenses expired or whatever), then activate via phone. When you get a rep. Tell them that your laptop died and it was replaced and you want to reinstall your upgrade.

They will give you an activation code. You just have to read them a huge string of numbers and answer some questions. Since it is the same laptop... (in a sense) just completely new hardware... there should be no problem.

They just have to ask a couple of questions and record them as to why the key/activation was used more than once.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hi,

As it is an upgrade you may have to install your old software first, then upgrade over the top of it. All it does is check that you already have a legitimate copy of a previous version. That is how WinME works anyways.

If it refuses to load, I would guess that was the problem?

Cheers

Hi,

As it is an upgrade you may have to install your old software first, then upgrade over the top of it. All it does is check that you already have a legitimate copy of a previous version. That is how WinME works anyways.

If it refuses to load, I would guess that was the problem?

Cheers