Thread: American Held in Madrid Bombings

Banned

American Held in Madrid Bombings

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004May6.html

The FBI detained an Oregon man yesterday after his fingerprints were identified on evidence connected to the March 11 train bombings in Madrid that killed 191 people, according to a law enforcement source.
    Justice Department prosecutors and FBI officials last night would not name the man or even confirm that he had been taken into custody. The man, however, was identified as Brandon Mayfield of Beaverton, Ore., by his wife, Mona, who talked to reporters outside their home.
    Mayfield represented one of the men who pleaded guilty in the Portland Seven terrorism case, Jeffrey Leon Battle, in an unsuccessful bid to retain custody of his son, Esau.
    Battle and another cell member, Patrice Lumumba Ford, pleaded guilty last year to the most serious charges of conspiring to levy war against the United States. They admitted they conspired to travel to Afghanistan to fight with al Qaeda and the Taliban against U.S. troops, and Ford admitted buying a weapon and training for combat with some of the other defendants. Both were sentenced to 18 years in prison.
    Yikes...

And what's up with that last paragraph... Patrice Lumumba Ford ?!?
    LOL

Banned

American Held in Madrid Bombings

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004May6.html

The FBI detained an Oregon man yesterday after his fingerprints were identified on evidence connected to the March 11 train bombings in Madrid that killed 191 people, according to a law enforcement source.
    Justice Department prosecutors and FBI officials last night would not name the man or even confirm that he had been taken into custody. The man, however, was identified as Brandon Mayfield of Beaverton, Ore., by his wife, Mona, who talked to reporters outside their home.
    Mayfield represented one of the men who pleaded guilty in the Portland Seven terrorism case, Jeffrey Leon Battle, in an unsuccessful bid to retain custody of his son, Esau.
    Battle and another cell member, Patrice Lumumba Ford, pleaded guilty last year to the most serious charges of conspiring to levy war against the United States. They admitted they conspired to travel to Afghanistan to fight with al Qaeda and the Taliban against U.S. troops, and Ford admitted buying a weapon and training for combat with some of the other defendants. Both were sentenced to 18 years in prison.
    Yikes...

And what's up with that last paragraph... Patrice Lumumba Ford ?!?
    LOL

Mayfield's attorney and relatives say they are baffled by the alleged connection between the mild-mannered Muslim convert and the Madrid plot
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004May7.html

I'm baffled too. It's such a peace-loving religion...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's such a peace-loving religion...
    Just like Christianity...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just like Christianity
    Like Cleopatra...

"In Denial"
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.