Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have Trojan Horse and need to know what to delete from Hijackthis.

You need to close the trap door, so no more gibsons can be dropped.

good point SexyBadGirl..

IEspyad, registryprot, scriptsentry are good preventative maintenance tools..

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/scriptsentry.html
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#IESPYAD
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=regprot

Thanks buddy!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    BHO's are a bad thing u really should get rid of them because they can hijack your browser.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

BHO's are a bad thing u really should get rid of them because they can hijack your browser.
    You should never blow a whole group away in HJT, or even suggest it. HJT is not a scanner, only a log of processes and files. It has no definitions, and does not search for hijacks. It only displays information that you can apply common sense to, which would include the listing for a hijack.

In this case, you would lose your google toolbar if you followed that advice.

Regal Making Handler
    Hi Amanda.

O4 - Global Startup: GStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe
    This line referes to a nasty piece of crap called Gator. Details below:

Gator Adware - GMT.EXE

GMT.EXE is a Gator Application. Gator is one of the most pervasive and widespread advertising adware programs from GAIN, the Gator Advertising Information Network. This program will track all the web sites you visit and send the information to the companies Gain computers. It also generates popup ads and can be used to install more files from Gator's servers without your knowledge.

Variants include Gator/A, Gator/Gain, Gator/Trickler (often followed by a series of numbers), and Gator/PDP which is also known as IEGator and PDPPlugin.

Gator programs may have found their way onto your system when you downloaded a few program such as eWallet or a number of date/time/clock setting programs. It comes bundled with most P2P file sharing networks, the most common of these being KaZaA.

You'll also want to remove any associated programs like CMESYS.exe, gmt.exe or GAIN_Tickler_*.exe. You can find manual removal instructions at this site: http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/Gator.html. If you use a spyware program called LavaSoft's AdAware, you may get a message that Gator can't be removed. Simply reboot your system and rerun AdAware prior to opening any web pages.

While most consider this to be spyware the courts have recently decided Gator can't be called Spyware. Instead, we agree with Leo Laporte of Tech TV who considers Gator to be CSYSNIware or Crappy Software You Should Never Install.
    souce:http://www.winpatrol.com/db/freesample/gmt.html

If you have followed previous advise to download and run spybot or adaware this will no longer be a problem.

To who ever it was that advised her to use avg: She is
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
    From her post.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

The Cleaner From MooSoft.com Works very well for getting ride of HijackThis

The Cleaner From MooSoft.com Works very well for getting ride of HijackThis
    Really? How does it do that?

Lord_Of_Dragons.. Who wants to get rid of hijackthis ? It's a great tool.

I think you meant.. "if you want to get rid of trojans" .. right ?

If that's the case, then of course you are absolutely correct.

Although TDS-3 is really the best trojan scanner imo.. if you don't mind paying.

The ehowes guy (from the IEspyad link above) has a very nice home page with an equally good trojan scanner list page

jinxy.. my man.. good find on the gator thing. I missed that one. Which brings up the point that having more than one pair of eyes looking at hijackthis logs is a very good thing. I'd give you points for finding that, but I can't as I need to spread my points around first.

edit : I made a mistake in what I said should be removed.. this line doesn't need to be included.
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx

Regal Making Handler
    I won't forget Gator, it's one of the reasons i started coming here. Had it myself when i first got hooked up to the net. Back then i was running win98 it was a right pig to get rid of, crashed by box a couple of times trying to delete it.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry