Thread: cpu slowdown utilities?

cpu slowdown utilities?

anybody know a good cpu slowdown program that can slow down windows applications such as internet explorer. it would also help alot if it had hotkeys for speed up / slow down, etc. i was hoping somebody on this board knows a really good one. thnx

Phone~

anybody know a good cpu slowdown program that can slow down windows applications such as internet explorer
    OMG!...............you mean that Windows apps are too fast for you?

Seriously, I have a couple.............what OS are we talking about here.

I will warn you that the ones I have are designed to make old games programs run so you don't get zapped straight away................not sure if you can hotkey them.

I will have to go look for them and will post back the answers.

Otherwise look at "freeware" sites in google in the utilities and games sections of the sites that show up.

Good luck

Just out of curiosity, why would you need a tool to slow down your box/program? Only way to speed it up is to get a new processor, or overclock.

well, my friends and i are playing this online tetris game where it logs your high score and i had the high score until one of them started using something to slow down his cpu while he was playing(so he could get a rediculously high score). he wont say what program hes using. moslo 4biz looks like the best but there isnt a trial version. now i have no choice but to do the same and beat him at his own game

oh yeah, im using windows xp

You guys got to cheat on friendly compitions?????
    Damn, I would hate to play poker with you guys.....one or more of you would wind up dead.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

lol at least he's smart btw what tetris game is it? (I love online tetris ) I used to play on one call tetrinet but I don't like it, it requires you to setup a server etc..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

its fibris, the online world championship of tetris or something like that: fibreplay.com/fibris you put in your company's name and your scores get posted on that company's scoreboard. the theme is that you do it while ypu're at work. if u hit the backspace key while ur playing it brings up a graph, they call it the "boss key", lol. and they post the best company's board on the homepage of the site. so... how about those cpu slowing progs?

Not sure if this is the app your looking for but if you go here and download AT-Slow 4 It is supposed to slow down you computer so you can play older games like nihil was talking about.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

yes, i that running old progs is what these would be legitmately used for. i used to run moslo to play my old dos games like magic capet and duke nukem 3d. moslo doesnt slow windows apps unless u pay $30. at slow seems like a good solution tho.

You may also try this: http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/

EDIT: Turbo-switch seems to work pretty nicely and is easy to use
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!