Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cisco Router

Cisco Router

I just recieved my cisco 831 ethernet router and have it hooked up right now to this PC.

The problem is that when I go to the routers home page address http://10.10.10.1 it won't load the config page.

It pops up a page saying loading Cisco Router Configuration Page, and a java icon pops up in the system tray, but it just sits there and never goes to the screen. I've tried disabling everyithing, AV, Firewall etc. I then uninstalled Java and reinstalled it but no luck.

Any ideas
    =

Have you tried a different browser? I know my friend can't access his router using firefox, he has to use IE for some reason... Just a thought...

DIdn't think of it, but I am using IE 6.0 and have tried from 2 different computers.
    =

What about updating the firmware?

well I'm looking at ciscos site about software updates, and it looks like you have to have access to the router. which I don't have.

I tried telnetting in useing the default passwords that they said in the manual, but that didnt' work.
    =

Is the router functioning properly?

Seems like it.

I can ping it, and it even opens the telnet session, its just not letting me in via CLI, and it freezes when I try to get in by CRWS.

Also, all lights on the front are green. Now yellow or red just all green.
    This ones just got me puzzled.

I'm taking it home with me right now and am gonna try something else with it.
    =

Try Reseting it... That just might do the trick..

Does the console port work? I've had a similar issue witha pix501, the little P.O.S. would finish sending me the java aplet so I never got the cute GUI. I did, however, just console in a do the management manually until they had a software upgrade which seemed to fix that lil' issue.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I also had a similar issue with the CRWS when using sun java.

This only happened to me with XP Pro.

I never had this issue with 2k or 98.

If I install microsoft virtual machine and install it on XP, then I can get it to work.

Seems that many other people also have this problem.

Since m$ no longer supports it... it can be kind of hard to find...

Download it here. Then reboot and try again.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.