Thread: Java minesweeper game and code review question

Custom User

Java minesweeper game and code review question

Hey, I wrote a minesweeper game as an exemption project for uni (which I mentioned in my high score thread). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in looking at it.

I decided to ask this time because it is a lot of code and it's pointless uploading it if no-one's interested in wading through thousands of lines. I've written a readme file that explains what each of my files do, so that's a consolation anyhow.

I just worry that I'll start annoying people by posting my code all the time because I seem to be the only person that's been doing that recently. I just like the idea of having a code review section where people will tell me what they think of my code. I would be perfectly willing to review other people's code providing I felt that I knew enough to do it in each individual case.

I just wonder why this section isn't called programming problems or something like that because it seems strange in a way that people wanted to have two tutorial sections, one for security tuts and one for other tuts, and then they don't seem to care that the code review section (for the most part) isn't about code review.

Sorry if I seem stuck up or anything like that, I'm just trying to ask a genuine question (not really sure what it is), but it's late and I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate on it. I hope some people can understand my post.

ac

Post it anyway...or pieces of it, whatever. I'm game for looking at it...

Java is somewhat unique that in most cases, your IDE catches your mistakes before you even try to compile.. at least that's my understanding. Of course, that's only if you use an IDE. My thought is that this section is for getting help when you have problems....

Am I rambling? Too much sun and sweat today.. I'm pooped

Custom User
    The game works pretty much fine (the only problem is that when you click on a square with zero mines around it, it only opens the eight squares around it, it doesn't keep "cascade" opening squares like the windows minesweeper. If you don't understand, then have a play). It's kinda cheesy because I have to admit that I'm a geek, and when my lecturer said "originality", that meant that I had to make it with some relation to computers (for me, anyhow). Thus my program is called the debugger and you are clicking on squares on the game board in order to find the bugs that are hidden in the "program code".

So here you are groovicus (and anyone else that wants to look at it)

ac