Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hubs, Router Networking

I heard things about certains routers that were only for broadband that you can only communicate with the wide area network, but your unable to communicate with other computers connected to the router, I know this is true with the router ive been trying to do something with, and also one a friend had, it does seem very limited and I do wounder whether its only broadband routers that have this problem.

Sorry if im incorrect with my past statement, thought i was correct evidentally not....

i2c

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    ic2: I'm not saying you are wrong, it just seems bloody odd to me that a very simple piece of functionaility would be left out of a router that is being sold to the general public.

I know the Linksys and the DLink act as switches rather than hubs so if it's sniffing the internal network you are trying to do forget it without putting a true hub between the network and the router. If it is actually preventing computer A from computer seeing computer B yet allowing both to access the WAN I would yell at them, return it and buy something that is of more use.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides