Thread: Caller ID program to show incoming calls while online

Caller ID program to show incoming calls while online

I'm looking for a program that will show if someone tries to call while I am dialed up to the internet. All I can seem to find is programs that are more like call centers. If anyone knows of something like this or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

TIA
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

As opposed to Caller ID they make like a call waiting type box called Catch-a-Call that will blink a light at you if you have an incoming call and you can switch over for a little bit of time to see who it is and what they want. you can find that at http://www.catch-a-call-online.com/ .

hope this helps
    -Spy
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Regal Making Handler
    Look into the v92 compatible modems. They have the ability to suspend your connection when you recieve a call and show who is calling, i think. The only problem is you isp must support it.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I have been using this one for a few days and so for it works quite well! I can't remember what it does if I'm connected to the internet and a call comes in "I have cable" but, it's worth a look see.

Hope that it helps and it's free!

http://phonetray.traysoft.com/

Several years ago I used 'Callwave'. It was a free program and you could download it from the web. It will tell you of incoming calls and has a caller ID function also.
    I don't know what it is like now days but if you wish to check it out: Go Here
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Yep, I have Callwave. It's basically an answering machine where people leave a message and shows their phone number. The software is free but you need to sign up for "Call forward on busy" (or something like that) from your phone company.

mjk

Thanks to all that replied. I did find what I was looking for in PhoneTray. I downloaded and installed both Callwave and PhoneTray, but decided to go with PhoneTray. Growing impatient while sitting around waiting on someone to call, I decided PhoneTray was more of what I was looking for. Callwave looks like a real good program, it includes your own 1-800 and fax number. The only thing I would have bad to say about PhoneTray is that sometimes while online it doesn't show the incoming call number, it just shows N/A. That's not a real big deal as long as it shows the incoming call to me, besides it is still beta. Thanks again all.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

Another vote for PhoneTray!

dolemite,

^5 to moxnix and mjk for callwave, been sold on it for quite awhile now. It hasn't let me down and the price was/is great! $000.00

Or if you do have a need for a better modem, jinxy's right on the mark with the v92's!

So now that being said it looks like I can't make up my mind. I guess moxnix's pooch better move over....

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.