Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frames And A Pic On AOL?

Frames And A Pic On AOL?

Hi,
    I'm having a little trouble with my website. It is designed with frames, and it's located at http://mlbwebtalk.com. I am having some trouble. IF you are on any other browser I have tested it on other than AOL (ie, netscape, mozilla), it will display well. However, my AOL users have problems. One, the picture that currently goes with the column 'No Relief In Sight For Marlins' is not showing for some reason (by the time you read it, there may be a new column on there, but the picture on the front page won't show). Secondly, I have the scrolling attribute set to 'no' because set to yes, it gives me a big scroll bar with a bunch of blank space. However, on AOL, you can only see half of the frame, and half of the buttons, links. Is this because of AOL or something else? Can any1 view-source and tell me how I can fix this?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Niels

I'm having a little trouble with my website. It is designed with frames
    thats your problem right there - frames

I'm afraid the days of using frames are well and truel gone (thank god) they simply cause too many problems as your experiencing now. I suggest you do a redesign and use CSS for formatting, layout etc and php to generate pages

it may seem like alot of work to do a complete redesign but it will save you alot of heartache in the future

v_Ln

Hi Neils,

Looks just fine to me.............this is Mozilla 1.6, I think............does not support "frames" AFAIK????

Could it be a Java problem...............?.............I will check on a couple of other OSes and Browsers and edit this post.

EDIT: also ActiveX?

I'm not using Java or ActiveX...just HTML. The only problem I'm having is with AOL users...

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    If it happens to be AOL for the MAC OSX, your not alone. The safari browser that it uses is complete crap. many in the industry have given up on it.

I tried validating your site, and it displays some things you could begin to investigate.

Your site's validation. It would be a start.

Cool, thanks. I'll start there...

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Remember to validate each file on its own, not just the front page (index file).

Ok, each page is now valid HTML 4.01 Transitional according to the validator. It still isn't good on AOL, d'you have any other ideas?

ok...I redesigned the page, now using tables, not frames. Once I've had my friend preview it on AOL, I'll update ya.

AOL sucks. Get firefox