Thread: My Network

My Network

Hey Hey,

Well everyone I know seems to think I've got a very messed up network. So I decided it was time to diagram the network and share it. I've also added other major electronics (gaming consoles, DVD PLayers, TVs, and anything else Visio had diagrams for). We've also got a couple more printers and a few scanners, but I got lazy near the end... Anyways enjoy... I've uploaded all the files to my website.

Visio Diagram
    JPEG of Visio Diagram
    Visio Generated HTML Diagram

Even if you aren't interested in the network, I suggest you check out the HTML Diagram.... I've ever used Visio's save as html before, but it's definately cool. You can mouse over any of the items to see the details I've filled in for them.

Anyways.... share your networks if you desire, comment on my network... or stay silent... As always the choice is yours.

Peace,
    HT

Thats cool HT.
    Although I had to go to IE6 set at default to view the HTML diagram and get it to show mouse over events. My firefox with proxomitron would not even bring up the left hand 'Custom' box. It showed the diagram it self, but not any of the custom features. (I would have never even known it was there if you hadn't told us in advance.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Well since you did a visio of yours hers a visio of my office network that I maintain.
    I would of done one of my home network, but all my home network consists of is a linksys firewall/router and 3 pc's lol

HTML Visio diagram

Small network ,but it keeps me busy lol

your network is kinda crazy ht. lol

What kind of topology is that? Mes/start/bus/ring? lol

but hey as long as it works thats all that counts
    =

What kind of topology is that? Mes/start/bus/ring? lol
    I believe it's a Mess Everyone seems to think it's rather messed up.... I dunno why.. seems normal to me. I personally like it... it makes sense to me. I forgot to include my telephone.. it has a 8 or 9" display and terminal capabilities.

Peace,
    HT

LOL

Enterprise class software for the home user. I like it.

I should put my PS/2 and Xbox on the network, but I hardly play them. I'm always on the computer.

btw: my telephone has like a 1/2" display and dropped calls capabilities lol
    =