Thread: I need help with CCDA Prep...

I need help with CCDA Prep...

I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to prepare for the CCDA. I finished the CCNA class in June of 02. As you can see it is almost June of 04 and I have a bit of brushing up to do (I wanted to wait until I was completely done with all of my classes so I could dedicate all of my time to studying). My CISCO teacher gave me some sims for the CCNA, but I would imagine the CCDA is a different test. I am not good on tests at all, so I need all the help I can get. I want to test for the CCDA instead of the CCNA because I fell in love with VISIO when our group did our final. I preferred designing more than I did any other part of the class. I have a lot of CCNA materials, but only a Dummies book for a CCDA. I wanted to try and narrow the study to just CCDA materials. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Just Another Geek
    This should tell you everything you need to know:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/...type_home.html
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hi ,

Its great to hear to want to pursue further.

Send me an email off line at my email and i will try and send you a ccda guide official stuff.
    thatz pdf, so i can publish it somewere , will c the best i can do to help you.

Based on my experience , What i would do is to delve a bit more into the contents of the CCNA , and look up the ladder with CCNP, which would not only increase my knowledge
    but at the same time , lay a ground , that would then enhace my ability to understand the design subject better.

You might also want to look at exposure to more technologies besides CCNA curriculum.
    as CCDA covers different technolgies.

Did u know that after CCNP (Routing & switching papers) just 1 exam could make u CCDP. :-)
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/...type_home.html

Rgds

"If u want to do everything, start with one, and then work on it until beyond perfection,
    the rest will come to u automatically."

Sir Dice and luv kido, thank you for that site. I feel somewhat duh for not going to CISCO in the first place. luv kido I knew there was a CCNP but not a CCDP. I have a CCNA Study Guide (the one by Todd Lammle) but it is a bit out of date. But it does have test prep in it. So I guess the game plan is to study for the CCNA and I should be able to pass the CCDA. Thank you all so much for your help. Oh and I'll be sending that email to you luv kido. THANKS!