Thread: What is %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0-k

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

What is %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0-k

hey, what is %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0-k? and do i need to do anything about it? it came up after my computer just randomly lost power. im running XP pro on a dell P4.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi
    do i need to do anything about it
    Yes Remove it .close all brower windows Run hijackthis . Check it and then press .the button.

This is a part of Windows error reporting/dump Reporting tool, It shows as a startup item whose execution line usually reads as "KernelFaultCheck" %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

It generally occures when for the first time after your system has experienced a Windows XP dump crash or an Office XP or Internet Explorer 6 crash and you are prompted to send the Crash result to Microsoft.........

This feature is present in Windows XP and Windows 2003

You can turn it off by opening the "SYSTEM" icon in the Control Panel, choosing the ADVANCED tab, and then click on Error Reporting.

lolCheck this out Found this and it was helarious Error Reporting Tool Causing More Errors

Unfortunately some supposed Windows technicians suggest that when you have Error Reporting set to ON it only causes more crashes. Quite a few of these tinkerers believe that this tool somehow interferes with both Netscape and Internet Explorer, and that if you turn error reporting ON, you will crash often if not sometimes always. This is utter nonsense. The only reason they are having a problem is because of poor system setup and management!
    For the link Check sumdumguy's post

It's part of microsoft's error reporting dump tool. It's not a cause for worry.. other than maybe the reasons why the pc "took a dump" in the first place

This link gives a good synopsis.

This google search might tell you more.. and maybe this link at MS.

edit : swordfishy.. you beat me to it again.. SF=2 SDG=1

and uh.. that quote was from one of my links.. (where was your link )

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    thanx guys... im glad its not something i have to worry to much about!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted