Thread: Modem problems

Modem problems

I just finished rewiring the phone cables inside the house, I have a dial tone on all line that was just made, but when i try going online my modem tells me that there is no dial tone. i would pick up the phone i have a tone, i even dialed the number which the modem should connect to and i get connected, can anybody help me on what to do??

Banned
    This should go in the hardware forum ? The modem worked earlier right? Check the setting in the Modem Control Panel. What ISP software are you using ? Can you detect the modem automatcily with it like with AOL ?

Are you sure you installed any requiered firmware? (if any)
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Regal Making Handler
    If it worked befor you re-wired, then you ficked up some ware. You nead to check the wires at the piont you plug the modem into
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry