Thread: mozilla Firefox browser and hotmail

mozilla Firefox browser and hotmail

hi all
    am using mozilla firefox 0.8
    OS winxp pro

well ...
    i cant check my e-hotmail box.from the browser.and i got this alert
    =============================
    loginnet.passport.comcould not be found.Pleas check the name and try again.
    =======================================================
    also the same happen hen i try msn msngr ,i acnt go to my inbox.

and yes, ia can check it from IE.

any advice.

coolcamel.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    try just to connect to www.hotmail.com
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

hi
    .: Shrekkie :.

that what i did .but when i enter the email and the password i got that alert message.

Try cleaning up your cache and everything else. I use Mozilla v1.6 (which is supposedly somewhat similar to Firefox) with WinXP Pro and I've never had any problems using hotmail (either from www.hotmail.com or from MSN Messenger).

hi andersonvom
    I try all that i stil i cant check it and get that alert .

coolcamel

coolcamel, firefox and msn have some issues.....especially with the the hotmail portion.
    I can't use firefox to get into hotmail either, but I have no problem getting to it through msn messenger (which brings up IE6)
    Excite is anouther one that I have problems getting to, but that is because excite wants to place cookies which I have locked out....in both firefox and IE6. So, I just don't use excite anymore.
    I can use firefox to go into msn groups, but if I wish to post multiple pichures, or use msn advanced posting features, then I have to use a msn browser.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I use Firefox but never have these problems. What level is your cookie blocking at?

hi all

hi moxnix

It happen with yahoo.i got the same alert.
    ============
    hi AngelicKnight

Enable cokies>but ask before accepting.

thnx ppl.
    ===========

am still wating 4 any soulution and am not going back to IE.
    coolcamel.

coolcamel,
    Strange...
    I use FireFox 0.8, and just now checked a hotmail account (through www.hotmail.com) with no problems. I also check my Yahoo! mail daily, with no probs. You said you got an alert message - what's the alert? My cookies are enabled, but for the current session only... and I allow 50000kb for the cache. Try these settings, and let us know...
    <edit>Sorry - just caught the error message in your first post... By the way, I have the saved form information and saved passwords options turned off... </edit>

Hope that helps...
    Wiski C.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Are you allowing Hotmail's various cookies then? If you block any of those, you won't gain access to your account.