Thread: build an agp card

build an agp card

hi , want to build a agp card ,want to learn how to build one

Hi,

I am afraid that you are very much on a "mission impossible" there. You would need:

1. Reasonable electronics engineering skills.
    2. Access to an electronics laboratory/workshop
    3. A source of components (where do you think you would get an AGP printed circuit board from?)

I would suggest going to your local computer repair shop and getting some "dead" AGP cards and start by trying to repair them. I think that will demonstrate the size of the task you are contemplating, and the skills and tools that you will require.

Good luck

and i want to build a temple to the sun hee hee haa haa hoo hoo
    Everyone has to start somewhere

Hey Billyboy, chill out huh?

As Oscar Wilde put it:

"We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars" ???

The question was quite valid, but totally impractica,l IMHO...........hell, we can all build computers, but that is just assembling components?................making a component is a different task?

I would rather program a CPU chip...........it is easier

Senior since the 3 dot era
    While building a modern AGP card from scratch is nearly impossible for an individual (otherwise if you can: go apply at some hight tech corporation as soon as possible) it is not so freaky to repair a card. Still this requires a lot of skills. Not only on the electronics part, you also need to be able to solder those small parts with a lot of precision without damaging other circuits and maintaining ideal electrical characteristics in the prints.

There are also empty printplates available and many components can be found, either at the local electronic parts store or from damaged thrown away cards. For instance a lot of OC'ers replace mosfets on their mobo's.

If you want a neat project that involves EE and you play a guitar/bass/amped instrument, make your own effect box/stomp box. There are schematics all over the place and they are fairly easy to make. Just download you a scematic, learn how to read it, go to radioshack and pick up your parts, and start that soldering gun. These will usually cost you like 15-20 bucks each to make.

Now, if we have underestimated your ability, then we are sorry. How about a little background for curiosity's sake?
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-