Thread: Attachment editing

Attachment editing

Hi I just made a post with a .gif image attachment. I realised I had attached the wrong image and went into edit and selected "replace attachment".

This changed the NAME of the attachment to the correct one, but the contents remained the same. I then re-edited, deleted the attachment, returned to the post, edited again with the correct attachment and returned to the post. Once again, the name was correct, but the original (incorrect) image was displayed.

I had to resort to copying the post, deleting it then re-posting it and adding the correct image.

That worked

I'm looking into this.

Update: I didn't see any of this behavior. I edited my post and chose "delete attachment", then edited the post again and added a new attachment, and the correct image was there. Then I edited the post again and chose "Upload new attachment" to replace the image that was there, and that worked fine as well.

Try again and let me know if you still have this probem, because I haven't been able to reproduce it. Also, what browser are you using?

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Test

OK I will try it here,

The browser I am using is Mozilla V1.6

EDIT: OK I still have the problem..............I will log out and back to see if it is something retained in the browser?

Hi - h

I have just gone in with IE 6 SP1 and the image actually was changed, it is obviously something to do with Mozilla 1.6............I guess it is retaining the image in a cache of some sort. I logged out and did a cold reboot, and still saw the wrong image in Mozilla.

This machine is Windows ME, I will give it a try on another machine with a different OS to determine if it is Mozilla, or just the combination of Moz and this machine's configuration.

Cheers

For you to view images using mozilla 1.6, go to "Edit" then to "Preferances" then to "Privacy & Security" then to "Images". The selection of "Accept all Images" should clear up any problems you might have with Images not showing up.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Hi Cope57,

I checked, and those were my settings. I will just test it on this Win XP Pro box with Mozilla 1.6

EDIT: OK definitely Mozilla 1.6 The image actually is replaced, but Moz still shows the original