Thread: peer to peer connection via wireless in win XP

peer to peer connection via wireless in win XP

hi all,

i'm trying to make a peer to peer connection via wireless between 2 notebooks.
    One of them is set as transmitter --> i can connect to it via the other notebook....

suppose notebook A is the transmitter and B is the one connecting, i can get B to connect to A, but i can't see it, although my connection is good..

when i ping notebook A on notebook B, i get : host not found.
    on "my network places" it is also not visible...

so here comes the real problem, how can i access the shared folders on notebook A while working on B?

both of the notebooks are controlled by me, so i can change settings on both of them if neccesary...

Using the ad-hoc setting of your wireless cards, can't you just enable file and print sharing ( with shared folders enabled) and interconnect between the two?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

they are enabled and i have shared folders, but how can i monitor the connection between them?

what i mean is: how can i connect from system B to system A ?
    i'm sure it must be a pretty simple thing, but i can't get it to work

In ad-hoc mode they should be interconnected. A will share with B and B will share with A.
    I'm not sure if it is possible to set up a network connection using the connection wizard, while the connection is in ad-hoc but you could try that also.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

i'll give the wizard a try, and i'll let you know...
    but what do you mean with "A will share with B and B will share with A" ?

if i share the folders for everyone, it would also be shared for the other computer, wouldn't it?
    i dunno what you mean with that....