Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cellphone phreaking?

Cellphone phreaking?

hmm just wondering...any tut's on cell phreaking been adressed?and if it hasnt..I have a quest...well,you can usually listen in on a normal phone call by tuning into a frequency(MW I think)..and cell phone frequencies being in Ghz,is it possible to tune in on 'em?furthermore..can you tune in on a fixed number if you somehow obtain a reciever that well,expensive shall we say?lol..or will it pick up any random cellphone in the vicinity?I guess what I'm asking is..is there a practical way of picking up a specific number's cellphone's activity without any high tech paraphernalia?

That's some pretty dangerous knowledge to wield my friend. I suppose the first thing you need to tell us is, why do you want to know?

is there a practical way of picking up a specific number's cellphone's activity without any high tech paraphernalia?
    Practically, NO....technically/theoretically, YES.

you should first read how cellphone network works. There is some archiectures (analogic, digital, TDMA, CDMA, GSM, etc) and each of them has some weakness. Nowadays, isnt that easy to hack cell phones as in the past, but it is still possible. but you need more resources now.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Re: Cellphone phreaking?

Originally posted here by therenegade
    hmm just wondering...any tut's on cell phreaking been adressed?and if it hasnt..I have a quest...well,you can usually listen in on a normal phone call by tuning into a frequency(MW I think)..and cell phone frequencies being in Ghz,is it possible to tune in on 'em?furthermore..can you tune in on a fixed number if you somehow obtain a reciever that well,expensive shall we say?lol..or will it pick up any random cellphone in the vicinity?I guess what I'm asking is..is there a practical way of picking up a specific number's cellphone's activity without any high tech paraphernalia?
    Do you have a cell phone? Most cell phones can be finger hacked. There is a way to listen in on cell phone calls, but it can be tricky now. If you live near a cell tower you could try grabbing the signal with a scanner. You may need to mod it to make it pick up calls though.

If you're really good with electronics you should be able to find a text file about cell phone phreaking. I have a few, but I don't give out. You learn on your own with this one.

It can be fun, and me being someone who enjoys playing pranks, it comes in handy. Just watch your ass, and make sure you have permission, monitoring phone calls is going to get you in trouble if you get caught.

Also, heh, you can do like I did, and listen to fast food places taking orders in the drive threw and listen, and talk to the customers. Not that I'd tell you to do this, but I know I sure had fun

is there a practical way of picking up a specific number's cellphone's activity without any high tech paraphernalia?
    No, unless it is the only one for miles around. You need technically sophisticated stuff to target a specific phone.

I have a few, but I don't give out.
    I'm surprised you didn't put out gore.. You are usually really good.

-Cheers-

Idle curiosity AngelicKnight..I was on the forum...thought of it..n posted it to see if anyone was interested...lol,btw..geez..you guys ever sleep?
    cacosapo..any links?n thnx
    I was just wondering if it could be practically done..I mean..listening in on a specific phone number..scanners're cool..but they function on the principle of checking the nearby vicinity for any RF activity..hmm..btw..how does a cell n/w fwd a call to a phone?

Thats right, scanners are pretty random..............hence my comment on it being the only phone around

Intelligence agencies have the ability to track individual phones..................very sophisticated equipment...........and very expensive.

Cheers

In my "l337 hax0rz" wanna-be days I read a lot of stuff on phreaking from like the 70's to the 80's. I think it's pretty interesting stuff, but I don't even have a cellphone. ^_^

-Cheers-