Thread: IE 6 Rightclick? How do you delete an item?

IE 6 Rightclick? How do you delete an item?

Win2k Pro machine. How do you delete an item from the IE 6 rightclick menu? Got a piece of spyware on a machine and it has "web rebates" in the IE 6 right click menu. It does not show up anywhere else. Google has shown mostly links for deleting right click items from other places such as when you right click on the desktop. I have doine this before, but cannot for the life of me remember how I did it.

BTW: I have run Spybot with the latest definitions.

In a quick registry scan the word web rebates shows up twice. Once under Hkey Users - S1-5...... - Software - Microsoft - IE - Explorer Bar - Files Name MRU

and once under Hkey Users - S1-5...... - Software - Microsoft - IE - Explorer Bar - MEnu Ext. I might try deleting both registry entries.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The first entry is your most recently used list, the second is the menu extension. I would kill them both.

Cheers

Worked perfect! Thanks!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)