Thread: Spybot 1.3 Final Released

Spybot 1.3 Final Released

Hi Guy's,

noticed that Spybot S&D has been released.. you will need to remove the beta copies.. apparently you can install over v1.2.

The Web page has not yet been updated but the d/l links Are the real McCoy..

at least at Download.com

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

ahhh good.. thanks.

now I can dump rc5.. not that I was having any issues with it.. rc3 wasn't too good 'tho

Thanx for the heads up...www.download.com is the place.
    I checked out some of the German mirrors: One still had ver1.2,
    the other had complaints of a trojan piggybacking on the download.
    Of two other mirror sites, one was still releasing RC5, and the last
    wanted some shekels for the highspeed download, LOL.

other than that...no probs with ver1.3...works as expected!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I am trying to put SpyBot onto my Fathers PC. A D/L wasn't available at the time, so I copied mine to CD for him.

Problem: On start up it will do it's thing, and on Dad's PC there is a HELL of a list of badness comes up, then the set up just crashes away, no message, nada, the next start up it doesn't even get to that, it just refuses to play at all.

Question:
    Is this because I should have D/Led it only?

Or, is there a known bug that can be resident on a PC, that will recognise and stop the process ?

My next time there I will start in safe mode and try that, but just posting now, in case there is something that I should be aware of ?

OS = WinXP Pro ( not fully patched, he's on dial up, and has only just gone to XP)
    Use I.E. and Outlook.

Thanks in advance for any help
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

You might have CoolWebSearch or one of it varients on the system. It has been know to defeat some of the spyware removers and limit the download sites for spyware removal that you can get to.
    Go to Merijn.org and get CWShredder and its companion program ' CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller removal tool' and run them first.
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Sorry not to have mentioned it before: At the same time that I loaded SpyBot S+D, I also set up AdAware and CWShredder. These other two worked, CWShredder found nothing, and AdAware found about 30 bad guys.
    The problem as before is just with the SpyBot.

Thanks for your time
    Foxyloxley: 46 going on 14
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

foxy.. maybe you were unlucky enough to have tried putting on the rc3 version. It did have all kinds of issues.. just grab this latest version and try it..

and uh.. from the review at downloads.com, this version is purported to be much faster in scanning..