Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Presidents...

Question Speaking of Presidents...

I involved myself a short time ago in this thread. I suppose I came across with passive/liberal sort of attitude to spark some interest and kind of hijacked moxnix's thread. For this I do apologize.

Let me start this with a fresh thread and modify the topic a bit. I am truely interested in everyones opinions about this subject, and/or my apparent hijack attempt on a fellow member's topic.

The topics challenge is:

Who (in your personal opinion) was the worst president in the history of the United States, and why you feel this way. Please supply us with some links to facts that support your views. In moxnix's thread I was given multiple presidents and reasons, this is ok, please list them in order of what you believe to be the "worst" first.

Even if you are not a citizen of the US please contribute your views as well. I would think this might prove to be an interesting thread with enough input from AO's members.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

King George the Third?

1776 and all that?

Thomas Jefferson is the finest..................I collect his effigies ( purely for worship my nice IRS colleagues )

They are on all "nice" banknotes

King George the Third?
    Was he a president? LOL

I suppose he could be considered our first ruler, but we had other names for him than president.

Sorry AE~

We Anglo-Irish have no great love for the Hanoverians either

At least I married a great niece of Michael Collins....but it wasn't that which attracted me in the first place

Thomas Jefferson rules.......if you hate him, please send me all banknotes that you find with his effigy on............

(AE.......I will cut you in mate )

Of all time?? I couldn't even guess, since they rewrite history constantly.

Now during my lifetime, yes I have one I dispise more than any other and that would be Eisenhower.

I became politically aware durning his terms of office, and even did a paper on him for some class or other. I call him the do-nothing president. For eight years he was just a figurehead. He played alot of golf. Got sick alot, when he wasn't taking a vacation, or time off.

His lack of action, is still plagueing us today, overt 50 years after his 8 years of doing nothing at all.

Edit----> Now, I bet none of you were expecting that one.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

G. Ford in my politically aware life time.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by nihil
    Sorry AE~

We Anglo-Irish have no great love for the Hanoverians either

At least I married a great niece of Michael Collins....but it wasn't that which attracted me in the first place

Thomas Jefferson rules.......if you hate him, please send me all banknotes that you find with his effigy on............

(AE.......I will cut you in mate )
    w00t! w00t! w00t!
    3 w00ts for Thomas Jefferson!

Thanks for the cut nihil

IMO it would have to be George W. Bush Senior because of the fact the he broke the record of the biggest debt by one single country and now George W. Bush Junior might want to break that record as well. What are they having competitions? I can't tell the other presidents because I don't read up on presidents don't find it all that interesting (Except for the 1st president [YES I forgot his name...sue me])
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Originally posted here by Raion
    IMO it would have to be George W. Bush Senior because of the fact the he broke the record of the biggest debt by one single country and now George W. Bush Junior might want to break that record as well. What are they having competitions? I can't tell the other presidents because I don't read up on presidents don't find it all that interesting (Except for the 1st president [YES I forgot his name...sue me])
    Jimmy Carter - If it were not for the social programs and hand outs that we gave to everyone that was too lazy , then Bush Senior would not have had such a large deficite to deal with. The whole general concept of making people dependent upon the government by giving out free food, clothing, medicine, day care, and shelter until their pathetic parasitic lives are over, is wrong and unjust. Yes there are individuals that legitimately need this type of help, howevere the majority of individuals on welfare and getting a free check from the government are perfectly capable of learning an obtaining a job that would support themselves or their family. I would rather pay a deficit that was encurred by a war to defend my freedom, than to pay a deficit that can attributed to the rising number of freeloaders that have a free government ride.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

What's their excuse now then? George W. Bush Junior is also facing a big debt because he decided to go into war with Iraq & Afganistan for no good reason because all this could do i cause more terrorism as it already has. After 9/11 there two trains collided with explosives inside (this same incident happened again somewhere else), a president was killed. So all he is causing is more terrorism so I don't see the point in it.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!