Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Presidents...

Arguments against the Iraq war have some merit. I would challenge the same in regards to Al Quida and Afganistan.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

What's their excuse now then? George W. Bush Junior is also facing a big debt because he decided to go into war with Iraq & Afganistan for no good reason because all this could do i cause more terrorism as it already has. After 9/11 there two trains collided with explosives inside (this same incident happened again somewhere else), a president was killed. So all he is causing is more terrorism so I don't see the point in it.
    Thats the most ignorant comment i've seen so far....we went to war with afghanistan to destroy Al Quada and the Taliban regime, revenge, Justice. We went to war with Iraq to get rid of Saddam, and because of "suspicion" of WMDs....

How can you not see the point????At least for Afghanistan...there have always been terrorists attacks around the world...assuming that every terrorist attacks that happens now is because of bush...is just stupid.

Alright they caught Sadam Hussien..yay! (Sarcasm). At what cost? Billions and billions of USD and plenty of US soilders for what? To catch one single person who most likely has someone who he has tought everything to just in case this had happened. Don't you think he anticipated this happenining? Did you not see what happened to that poor poor man in that video Iraq soilders relased? They cut off his head and raised it in the air. Now do you think that if the U.S. would've minded their own buisness this would happen? No.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The US was, pretty much, minding it's own business on September 11th 2001.....

I guess placing your head firmly in the sand and hoping all those nasty people that have attacked US interests and miltary establishments overseas for years is the answer....... They'll leave us alone if we are nice and apologize to them at every turn......

America _began_ the process of either growing up and accepting the responsibilities of being the world's most powerful nation or stumbling headlong into the pile of "great civilisations that failed" on that day.....

Where do you want to be in 20 years?

Raion: Any idea what September 11th cost the world financially? Probably not.....

Keep that head in the sand son..... Your a$$ sticking up in the air will look cute when they come for you...... Grit your teeth......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Raion: Any idea what September 11th cost the world financially? Probably not.....
    I'd guess close to a trillion? give or take a few billion?

Raion, those soldiers are putting their lives on the line for a good cause...a great cause, too bad you do not see it. Instead of spitting on them, try to show some support. Those 700+ lives that those soldiers lost, it was worth it for the cause, blessed be their souls. They gave their life for this...the least we can do is show some respect. They didn't do it for Bush...or for Oil...There was a good reason why we went to war with Iraq.

To clear something for you, Iraq did have banned weapons...Long range missiles posing a threat to the neighboring countries. WMDs haven't been found YET. They'll come out...we know they're there. Iraq's own officials said they had em...EVEN John Kerry said we had them and that Saddam was consantly trying to get more WMDs...Lets not even get on this subject again.

Jimmy Carter - If it were not for the social programs and hand outs that we gave to everyone that was too lazy , then Bush Senior would not have had such a large deficite to deal with.
    Yeah, because Reagan didn't have to deal with it, nor did he contribute to any 'deficits' that Bush Sr. had to deal with...or did we forget about him

You just rewrote eight years of history..

Carter would have to be one of the worst presidents in the last 50 years, leaving Reagan with double-digit inflation at the end of his presidency. Reaganomics dealt with that. The resulting deficit was not so much because of Reagan's tax cut, rather the huge amount of entitlement spending the Democrats in Congress forced on America. The solution to a large deficit is not to raise taxes, rather to cut spending, which is where Bush Sr. failed.

Well, this country was very affected by Sept. 11 because it relys on the U.S. for a lot of things and the war in Iraq really didn't help us at all.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I would put bush Sr as the worst president of the states. I cant remeber any real initive of his own during his term. As far as i can remember all he done was finish up the policies started by Reagan. But then i was not really into forigen politics at the time.
    As for the best in recent times I would put Clinton as my top choice. If only because he had some idea what international politics was.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Originally posted here by MURACU
    I would put bush Sr as the worst president of the states. I cant remeber any real initive of his own during his term. As far as i can remember all he done was finish up the policies started by Reagan. But then i was not really into forigen politics at the time.
    As for the best in recent times I would put Clinton as my top choice. If only because he had some idea what international politics was.
    Since you are residing in Paris, I suppose I should make some allowance for your viewpoint being skewed.......Naaaah! Give some examples of Clinton's puported "idea what international politics was." Are you referring to using the U.S. military to distract from his legal woes, or are you speaking about giving away U.S. nuclear and communications secrets, or wait perhaps you are referencing the troops that were sent to Bosnia where no threat to the U.S. existed, then again you might be talking about the concessions he made to Korea to keep from having to deal with the problem.

Clinton "THE GREAT INTERNATIONAL POLITICIAN!" In your dreams! The only great things Clinton accomplished was too get regular "minstrations" from Lewenski and to redefine, within the judicial system, what the word 'IS" is.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!