Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Maker Forums

Game Maker Forums

I want to make a forum called the Game Maker Forums, but i need help.
    First off, Game Maker is a program you can download off....(Dangit, what is that URL again?)
    It alows you to make games. and then make an exicutable.

Now, heres what i want, and im going to try it on an invisionfree bord:
    Monthly newsletter
    A forum in which you can get sounds and more.
    A forum in which you can get graphix and more.
    A forum in which you can get Help and more.
    A place to download games made by people. (It will be on a self-made website, how can i get and make them downloadable?

How can i do that?
    9 AM post--I\'m up too early!

Well, it would be easier if you state specifically what you need help in. e.g. "I need help with the coding part of this" or "I need help with the content....." etc
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Originally posted here by Raion
    Well, it would be easier if you state specifically what you need help in. e.g. "I need help with the coding part of this" or "I need help with the content....." etc
    Nice sig, but won't work with me.

I want to know first off, how do you take the exucutables from someone else's comp(They will send them to me obviosly), and post them on the forum so people can download them?

That would require the knowledge of some PHP/CGI/etc (either one works i believe).
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Originally posted here by Raion
    That would require the knowledge of some PHP/CGI/etc (either one works i believe).
    can u E- mail executables? (.exe)?

and would i have the same problem with sound? (I know not sprites)

Well don't know if it would be possible through e-mail unless you manually updated the website. I think it would have to be through upload OR it could be through an e-mail form.

Banned
    First you mention that you're going to use invisionfree boards, then you say it'll be self-made?
    Invision's forums come with the ability to set permissions for users to upload stuff...

If you're really serious about this: get a decent host with PHP, and slam some decent BB on it:

phpBB
    e107 <-- Comes with everything you could ever need to do what you want to do...

People would just upload their files (exe's, wav's,... doesn't matter) using the BB. Depending on your set-up, you could have it so that people's uploads need to be "moderated" before submission, or not...

Possibilities are endless

I want to make a forum called the Game Maker Forums, but i need help.
    First off, Game Maker is a program you can download off....(Dangit, what is that URL again?)
    It alows you to make games. and then make an exicutable.
    Are you thinking of the Program Dark Basic by any chance?
    And is the URL : ---> http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com

f2b

might try looking into exoops
    includes - downloads section (where users can upload any file format you wish, provide a short description of it etc) you can also set it up so that people can recieve "points" for number of uploads etc. Also other users can coment on the uploads ("that game r0xors" etc)
    also has user forums, news area (can allow users to add news) link submission, and is skinable, you can also add in a host of other plugins to increase functionality.

should do everything you want and is easy to instal/run

v_Ln

Nah i think that running VBulletin 3.0.0Gold would be a alright choice, throw in the VBPortal and you'd be styling..

f2b:.