Thread: Yahoo! takes on Gmail

Yahoo! takes on Gmail

Heyy,

Yahoo is gonna increase its storage space to all its members.
    Just read this
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

Wow not bad at all. In my opinion they have to increase because Google will perhaps make Email accounts with 1 Gig. But do we need 1 Gig email accounts for our email? I think everybody will say yes to that question just imagine 1000 mb just for me. But what does the mail user of this email account give back? He has to give back all because they will sort your email and will send you unwanted commercial. I will definetly stay with my account because there I have enough mb for me with no commercial in it. 1000 mb would be nice but without me.

Banned
    But do we need 1 Gig email accounts for our email
    Yeah, i can send myself a copy of windows XP Pro and always have it available. And this is google we are talking about, i dont think we will get any comercial mails, adware, pop-ups and such....

I think I read there, that google uses a method that doesn't allow spammers to know the account is "active" when we click on a link. Isn't that great after all??
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

I was reading on GMail (Forgot the site) And some people aren't going to use it because they are afraid of the privacy they might not be getting and also because it supposdly doesn't ever delete anything it just hides it from you....according to the people I don't have any fact to prove these statments.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Originally posted here by XNikon
    I think I read there, that google uses a method that doesn't allow spammers to know the account is "active" when we click on a link. Isn't that great after all??
    I think what they will do is block the HTTP_REFERER field and also not load remote images. That way, if someone sends you spam with an image linked to your email address, it won't load and so they won't know that your account is active. A similar thing applies to if you click on any of the links, except the referer field is masked instead.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I have a 6MB Yahoo! account... Maybe I can get 150MB? I don't want to have just a plain 100MB like everyone else, so 150MB would be nice (6:4 ratio)

Raion - I have heard of that also. Infact, from what I've read, in Europe there was some question on this, and it went to some ruling committe, and it was decided that since gmail was voluntary, these people wouldn't be forced into signing up and having their stuff not be deleted and violating privacy in some way or another. They would do it if they wanted to not be able to delete stuff, otherwise no gmail for them.