Thread: scandisk

scandisk

I have windows xp home edition and it comes with chkdisk where can i downlaod scandisk from microsoft and will it work with home

Ummm. Chkdsk is the new scandisk...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Sorry, I seem to have missed a bit there....................so what is the problem?............out of curiosity, did you type a lot more that did not show up.......wait a few seconds then it ran out like teletape?.....or not appear.................I have been having this too?

Cheers

Regal Making Handler
    Chkdsk does the job scandisk did on previous os's, why would you want it? As far as i no microsoft doesn't have a version for xp.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Oh yes,

There is a "full suite" for XP............you just launch it differently? I am beginning to think that M$ screwed up on the revenue / service front? there is a lot better private software out there?

ohh

oh im sorry i didnt know.some one told me that chkdisk was older thanks for the help

chkdisk started out as the original, crappy program. It told you various bits of information about the disk, and did some minor error checking. Then scandisk came along. It was an actual disk utility, with XP, scandisk was renamed chkdisk.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

OK...................In the beginning, there was DOS............it had a "rudimentary" disk checking system.........................then with Windoze3 came something a bit better...........then came scandisk (Win95)........Win NT4 still had the old chkdisk?................XP has as system that is similar to the Win98/XP scandisk, but because it is part of the previously divergent "commercial OSes".........it has now gone back to "chkdsk"

just a quick insight

EDIT: Before you ask:yes..............err California.................

You know

Regal Making Handler
    The attached is the switches you can use with chkdsk
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry