Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPU overheating issue

ahaha

Hi,

Try an exhaust fan...........they only cost around 5-10 bucks, and shift 40-50 cubic feet a minute out of your case

Prescott = inefectual British politician? I would never buy anything with a name like that

You MUST use silver thermal compound on a processor like that...........it is 20x (yes! 2000%) more effective than the white crap.

I do not buy "retail" processors, because I do not trust their cooling solutions check out a mob called "Coolermaster"...........they make some serious stuff............

Copper (cu) is a much more effective heat dissipator than aluminium (al).........

A peltier would be my choice, but you are looking at $1500 or so?..............ack!........I used to build "racing machines".............I got a P4 2.26 when they first came out and got it to 3.066 @ 37F.........errrr not recommended for you to try at home

I believe that with a better fan/heatsink and silver compound you will get down to around 50C

Good luck

I said **** it and bought an AMD 64 3000+. It rund much cooler and nicer... and with the money I saved, I bought an NVIDIA 5700 256 meg video card!

/me jacks off to his new toys

I would still get an exhaust fan, they mount into one of the expansion slots and prevent stale air building up inside the case. That can be a real HDD killer!

Good luck

Thanks babe, may I have your telephone number so we can hook up later?